questions about 2 products that i'm not sure about

Options
I have 2 questions, I'm trying to clean up my diet, I don't know much about soy protein isolate i thought i read somewhere it's not healthy for you but not sure, but it's in a lot of stuff i buy so, How healthy is soy protein isolate? Next question is i have been using Truvia as my sweetener cause it's made from stevia but how healthy is it compare to all the other organic sweeteners? Thanks ahead for any help!

Replies

• kiera42
    kiera42 Posts: 1
    Options
    You will probably get a bunch of differing opinions on soy, but in general, any time you process something as much as soy protein isolate is processed, it's not great. Same deal with Truvia...it is processed with other ingredients (I think...check the label). Stevia is great, but try to find actual Stevia extract without a ton of other chemicals in it if you can.
    Whole foods are always best! The less processed, the better! :)
  • SkepticallyFit
    Options
    You will probably get a bunch of differing opinions on soy, but in general, any time you process something as much as soy protein isolate is processed, it's not great.

Not true at all. Soy protein isolate is essentially a purified form of soy. What does that mean? It contains less chemicals than an unprocessed soybean. Soy protein is perfectly healthy and there is no evidence that moderate use of soy protein is any more harmful than whey protein, which is the most popular protein supplement.

Truvia is just another stevia-based sweetener. There is no evidence that Truvia is harmful.
  • tamerica07
    tamerica07 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the help!
  • goodtimezzzz
    goodtimezzzz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    soy has a lot of baggage but truvia isnt terrible:) stick to clean whole foods..men however should NOT be eating soy
  • sarahsedai
    sarahsedai Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    soy has a lot of baggage but truvia isnt terrible:) stick to clean whole foods..men however should NOT be eating soy

if you're eating 10 times a normal dosage, maybe.