New to MFP, sort of...

Options
TA3MD
TA3MD Posts: 2 Member
I've used MFP in the past half-heartedly as a short-term food journal. Now that I'm sitting here recovering from arthroscopic knee surgery at age 49, staring down the barrel of a full knee replacement if I don't lose weight, I've decided to look around at the rest of MFP's features and use them on my journey. This is a year-long journey to lose 100 lbs or close to it. I've been overweight or obese most of my life and I have never learned to eat properly or exercise regularly. committed myself to applying what I know about eating properly and exercising regularly. I feel like I'm at a crossroads right now, a do-or-die moment and all I know for sure is that I'm not ready to roll over and die just yet.

I'm a wife, mother, daughter, sister, teacher, reader, writer, and life-long movie fan who obviously needs to adopt more active hobbies. I live in a semi-rural area, which means driving anywhere I need to go, with three dogs, two cats, and three children (two of whom are part-time residents now). Not only am I at a crossroads with my health; this is a turning point for the rest of me too as I'm learning to re-define myself as a person. Part of that new definition, I hope, will be "healthy."

I'm looking forward to it!

Replies

• LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    I think your revision is an important thing to remember for many. It is do or die, commit and succeed.