My 600 lbs life

Options
NA1979
NA1979 Posts: 223 Member
Does anyone watch this programme on tlc? Some of the people on it have the worst attitude!

Replies

• pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,965 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I have a sensitive stomach .. So no
  • NA1979
    Options
    pie_eyes wrote: »
    I have a sensitive stomach .. So no

It's worth watching, just for the motivation.
  • R0ygb1v2
    R0ygb1v2 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I do watch it occasionally. I find it interesting to see if they can keep up with regimen
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    I get so annoyed with those people with the attitude. They get enabled by family members, they can't understand why they didn't lose[/i] when they know darn well they were eating crap at home AND when they don't want to get out of bed...... OMG I get so mad. They don't even try. That dr is awesome. He doesn't take their *kitten*.
    These people are given such a gift. And some, not all, really don't appreciate it.

Yes. I watch the show.
  • NA1979
    Options
    Yeah, most do well, but some of them really piss me off, the lazy *kitten*!
  • ellebreedlove42
    ellebreedlove42 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    It's pretty simple- do what to live? Then get off your *kitten*! I've watched a couple episodes. It's really unnerving when someone gets that big and they have so many excuses for it :/
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I'm watching it right now because I love trainwreck dramaz. Yes, I also watch Hoarders. Guilty.

My biggest problem is that most of the patients have proven they can lose weight without surgery, so why do they need surgery?
  • Mapalicious
    Mapalicious Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    It's pretty simple- do what to live? Then get off your *kitten*! I've watched a couple episodes. It's really unnerving when someone gets that big and they have so many excuses for it :/

What if they don't actually want to live? What if they can't imagine life any other way?

There is lots of anger and judgment stirring up on this thread?
  • NA1979
    Options
    CrabNebula wrote: »
    I'm watching it right now because I love trainwreck dramaz. Yes, I also watch Hoarders. Guilty.

My biggest problem is it is that most of the patients have proven they can lose weight without surgery, so why do they need surgery?

I do feel that the good doctor is taking advantage of these people, I agree that not all need surgery and the others clearly, even with surgery they will not commit to weight loss,its all about money and ratings, and don't think the doctor has their best interest at heart.
  • hopefuldreamfairy
    hopefuldreamfairy Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Yep, it's one of my motivations.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    NA1979 wrote: »
    CrabNebula wrote: »

My biggest problem is it is that most of the patients have proven they can lose weight without surgery, so why do they need surgery?

I do feel that the good doctor is taking advantage of these people, I agree that not all need surgery and the others clearly, even with surgery they will not commit to weight loss,its all about money and ratings, and don't think the doctor has their best interest at heart.

True. The surgery isn't magic. You either have it in you to lose weight or you don't, surgery or no surgery. I was watching an episode of Supersize vs. Superskinny (another great show!) and they had a guy on there who had a failed gastric bypass. Apparently, he had taken to throwing all of his high calorie food in a blender and drinking it and put all the weight right back on. @_@