High protein breakfasts that are not eggs or Greek yogurt or protein smoothies

Options
2»

Replies

• amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Crepes stuffed with your choice of ground meat. They're delicious with some sour cream. You make them, stuff them, and freeze for up to a month. All you need to do in the morning is take out a couple and pan fry them in a bit of butter for a couple of minutes to brown them. They are also perfect to go since the are self contained and don't require elaborate plating. One of the very few ways I enjoy meat.

shutterstock_77402959.jpg

• lildynarider
    lildynarider Posts: 78 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Ooooo I like this crepe idea. I'd probably modify your suggestions to dumb down the cals a bit but still a fantastic idea I found a recipe online for whole grain crepes with the crepe alone being 6g of protein not to mention whatever you stuff it with. eatingwell.com/recipes/whole_grain_crepes.html I know what I'm having tomorrow!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I make crepes a lot. My favorite is with ham, swiss, and a fried egg. Or smoked salmon and boursin cheese. Using seltzer is the batter sounds very odd to me though! I just use more milk (more protein!). I make mine with whole wheat pastry flour (then you don't even need all purpose flour at all).
  • professorhuggins
    professorhuggins Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    TJLorre wrote: »
    In egypt we eat a dish call Fool. Its high in protein and very filling and is sold at food carts to hard workers who need energy for all day.

In a pan, drop a tsp of ghee. Sautee minced garlic, diced red bell pepper on med low. I like to add a chili pepper too but thats optional.
    Add a diced tomato.
    Then, add a can of drained fava beans and as the cook, smash them up a little.
    Add cumin powder, salt, pepper and a tbsp of vinegar.

Thats it. You can even mix eggs into it. Its normally eaten with flat thin pita,bread.

I love me some Fuul!!! Beans: it's what's for breakfast! We used to eat it with hard boiled eggs or maybe some hard cheese, 7aish (more or less pita) and some fresh fruit when I lived in Alexandria. I can find the beans at our local Mediterranean market most of the time. I'm actually soaking a pot right now to cook for tomorrow!
  • augustremulous
    augustremulous Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Wow, so many great ideas! Totally making fool today because I have some amazing heirloom tomatoes
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    I just did this yesterday, and it was really tasty! I have Kashi GOLEAN Crisp Cinnamon Crumble cereal - which is really yummy by itself - but I take 1/2 cup of that and 1/4 cup of All-Bran, crush up the All-Bran really good and mix them together. Add 1/2 cup of Bolthouse Farms Protein Plus Vanilla Bean, 1/4 cup skim milk, 1/2 cup of fresh blueberries and 2-3 sliced up strawberries. Kind of high in carbs, but also a good chunk of protein, and it's like a dessert to me! Lol! I get the Bolthouse protein shakes when they go on sale here, 2 of the big 32oz ones for 6$ is a great deal imo. But you could also just use vanilla protein powder and milk I suppose!

I also love smoked salmon on toasted rye bread with dill, especially with a little avocado added (poached eggs usually go with it though lol)