Is Easter going to make it hard..

Options

Replies

• poteatkd
    poteatkd Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Yes. In fact I've already indulged a wee too much the past couple of days.

If I wasn't counting calories though, it would be REALLY bad.
  • Madelinec117
    Madelinec117 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Let's see. A table full of deserts and snacks tomorrow afternoon at the family gathering. I can guarantee there won't be anything low calorie on the table. There is usually so much snacking in the afternoon that we don't even bother with dinner. I try to limit but there is no way to stay under on a day like that.
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Absolutely not. Candy doesn't fit into my goals, so I won't have it. Eat according to your goals :smiley:
  • MrsMoviestar
    MrsMoviestar Posts: 115 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Yes but I don't care because I reached my goal, and I have to indulge sometimes. Besides, come Monday I will be back to my 1330 cal per day.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Not really for me. I have a plan and will log as normal.
    I'm going to eat ham, salad, a deviled egg and a strawberry roll. Nothing crazy going on.
    We bought some peeps and cadbury eggs for dd. I don't like those so I'm not particularly tempted to eat them.
  • benzieboxx
    benzieboxx Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I just eat reasonably during holiday dinners. For example, during Thanksgiving I may have mashed potatoes but I won't have any stuffing. Or I may skip the dinner roll in lieu something else that I want even more.

When I did WW the woman who ran the meetings would always say that if you're going out to dinner at a restaurant or someone's house to "pick your poison." If you're goin to have an appetizer, have it. But don't get the bread that comes to the table as well. Or maybe skip the appetizer and bread and have dessert instead. I don't feel deprived when I plan my meals out like this. I still get to enjoy the things my family makes and I feel better about my choices overall.
  • xtina315
    xtina315 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I already preplanned what I'm making and eating. I'm eating a chicken thigh, asparagus, roasted red potatoes, flaky biscuit and homemade rice krispy treat after. I probably won't eat anything during the day any way between running around.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    We're having some ham, roasted potatoes, and veg...pretty much a typical meal (protein, veg, and starch/grain)...so no.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    CollieFit wrote: »
    "Children aged 10-14 will indulge in an average of more than two-and-a-half kilograms of chocolate over the Easter holiday - taking in nearly 13,000 calories and 650 grams of fat, a survey revealed today."

:|

2.5 kilos of chocolate...... Is it really necessary??

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/children-to-gorge-on-13-easter-eggs-each-1933587.html

WTF?

My 10 year old is getting a snack sized bag of cadbury mini eggs, cadbury caramel and regular creme egg, and a 100g dove bunny. She is also getting a good purse, hair dryer, some purse stuffers like travel bottles of lotion and hand sanitizer. She definitely does not need over 5lbs of candy!!
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    CollieFit wrote: »
    "Children aged 10-14 will indulge in an average of more than two-and-a-half kilograms of chocolate over the Easter holiday - taking in nearly 13,000 calories and 650 grams of fat, a survey revealed today."

:|

2.5 kilos of chocolate...... Is it really necessary??

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/children-to-gorge-on-13-easter-eggs-each-1933587.html

I'm getting sick thinking about all that chocolate, especially when those 200g bunnies/eggs are made of sickly-sweet chocolate (if I could find a bunny with at least 85% cocoa chocolate, then I might be in trouble).

I don't think tomorrow's going to be too bad for me. It's going to be lots of ham and lots of veggies (cauliflower rice, asparagus, kale, maybe some steamed baby carrots or mushrooms). My family decided to get some peach-glazed ham, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's not too sweet (this is coming from someone who hates bread, because it's often too sweet... but I then douse my frozen fruit with Splenda).
  • koslowkj
    koslowkj Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Easter itself, no. My boyfriend and I live 800 miles from our families, so it's just another day for us. The boxes of Easter candy they sent us, though, will potentially be a problem...
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,538 Member
    Options
    NA1979 wrote: »
    To stick to your calories?
    YOU make the decision. If you decide it's going to be "hard", it will likely be hard.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• NA1979
    NA1979 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I think loads of people use the holidays as an excuse to exaggerate their normal behaviour, I see it with people at work, ironically those people are the ones on diets all year and don't lose any weight.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Not at all. It's just going to be me, my grandparents, and 2 of my siblings this year. Maybe my aunt and uncle. So we're not doing anything huge. Plus, Sunday's are always my let loose day bc 90% of the time I go to my grandparents, so I end up eyeballing a lot of things. I may end up going over, but I've got a whole week to weigh and measure so it's easy to get back on track. 1 day out of 7 isn't going to ruin all of your hard work. And 1 day out of a lifetime (which this is supposed to be. A lifestyle change) isn't even a blip on the radar.
  • CassidyScaglione
    CassidyScaglione Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I guess it depends what your doing... for me its catching up on homework, so no... but I've seen a few posts already cursing out the existence of easter candy.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    NA1979 wrote: »
    To stick to your calories?
    YOU make the decision. If you decide it's going to be "hard", it will likely be hard.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Pretty much. I'm making the decision to enjoy the food!
  • NA1979
    NA1979 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    No harm in everything in moderation as "they" say.
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I make aebleskiver only a few times a year- Christmas, Easter, and my partner's birthday. I figure, if I blow a few extra hundred calories on aebleskivers (with jam and whipped cream, of course!), well... that's what extra cardio is for right? I deliberately kept things like Robins Eggs (my downfall) and chocolate peanut butter eggs out of the house this year.
  • aft85
    aft85 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I went to the gym today and have 700 calories extra today which i'm not going to eat. I know it doesn't really work that way, but I'm counting that on tomorrow's calories, which I've worked out as being about 3000 calories, of a chocolate egg, a meal, and alcohol.
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I don't think it'll be too bad. My family is pretty supportive and my parents have a food scale at their house so I know I'll be able to weigh everything. I also have to work 1/2 day so I won't be around the munchies for very long. As for the wonderful chocolate, I have that on a pretty regular basis anyway and have been really good about keeping my calories in check or very close to it.