Caffeine jolt after nothing but water

Options
I drink a lot of water. Every once in a while I'll have crystal light or a diet soda. I've had nothing but water for the past 7 days and had a Diet Coke tonight. It's now 2:26am and I've been laying here for hours restless and can't sleep. It's amazing what a little caffeine will do. Maybe it's just a coincidence and the Diet Coke had nothing to do with me not sleeping but it seems a likely culprit.

Replies

• yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I can't handle caffeine after about 4pm. Had a Diet Coke at the cinema once about 8pm and was wide-eyed until 4am.

I think its effects depend on the person and how much you regularly consume; by the sounds of things you don't drink it much.
  • OyGeeBiv
    OyGeeBiv Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Caffeine affects me the same way. I drink only decaf or caffeine-free 99.9% of the time, because it tends to keep me from sleeping. When I feel a migraine coming on, I'll drink a little caffeine because it makes the migraines less severe, for me.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    A couple of months ago I had a cappuccino blast from an ice cream store in the afternoon and I was awake until 3 am. I only drink caffeine in the morning now.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    LOL I can't drink coffee OR tea after 3:30-4pm or else I struggle falling asleep. I'm not a regular coffee drinker, so 1 cup sends me pinging off the walls :tongue:
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    The less caffeine your body is used to, the harder it impacts you when you do have it.
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    It's the Diet Coke.
    I can't have caffeine after 4pm or I'll be up all night.