My weight loss seems very slow?

Options
2»

Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Options
    It is all relative, the more you have to lose the faster it will be at the beginning.

Also, do you want fast loss with muscle loss and lethargy, or a loss appropriate to what you have to lose, retaining as much muscle as possible and enough energy to live life and exercise?

I chose the latter. 30 lbs over a year. Slow yes, healthy, yes. It was appropriate for my size, weight and goals.

Don't compare yourself. Do what is the correct thing for your body and situation.

Cheers, h.
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    "Comparison is the thief of joy" ~Theodore Roosevelt

Who cares what other people do? You're doing great. Be happy about it.
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I'm heavy I don't lose fast not all heavy people do there's lots factors age medical history medication how you retain water how much you exercise how strict you are
    I'm on week 10 -11lbs but not lost in 2 weeks it's slow and frustrating but if I can give 1 bit of advice just do this once then keep at it it's much harder after 40
  • dave_in_ni
    dave_in_ni Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    size102b wrote: »
    I'm heavy I don't lose fast not all heavy people do there's lots factors age medical history medication how you retain water how much you exercise how strict you are
    I'm on week 10 -11lbs but not lost in 2 weeks it's slow and frustrating but if I can give 1 bit of advice just do this once then keep at it it's much harder after 40

I intend to. I have tried to diet a few times over the years, I'll be honest I never stuck at it for more than a week. This is the furthest I have ever come and I have no intention of going back, my entire mindset has changed this time, this isn't just a diet this is a complete lifestyle change for me and one I intend to stick with, yes its frustrating at times but I also love it.