Uneven weightloss - big thighs

Options
FlabToFitty
FlabToFitty Posts: 70 Member
edited March 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi all.
I've always had big thighs and hips and have always been overweight.
Since losing weight (lost 2 stone so far) my stomach and waist look smaller but my thighs are still massive!
I have 5 more stone to lose to become healthy weight.
I'm wondering if I lose all the weight in order to fit into a healthy bmi, will I still have big hips and thighs? I hate them!! I just want a straight body with no curves (I am a girl) I just want to be stick thin and have always like a straight body type, not a curvy one.
How do I avoid these curves and get rid of them? Will they ever go away? I want skinny legs and small hips pls help!

Replies

• shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    You can't change your genetics. Whether you have curves or not is pretty much determined by your genes. Learn to love the body you have.
  • shrcpr
    shrcpr Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    If you're truly pear-shaped, they will likely get smaller but still be bigger in proportion to the rest of you. I have big thighs, too, even when my top half is practically emaciated. I've learned to accept them, kind of, sometimes. Weight training really helps shape them, though, so would recommend doing that.

You may have to just accept that you likely will never have a straight body with no curves but no way to tell until you lose the weight. Sometimes it just comes off in an odd way.
  • benzieboxx
    benzieboxx Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Funny, I was just posting about this issue in a different thread. I have large thighs and a butt. Those two places are the last to go when I'm actively losing weight. Unfortunately it's just my genetics but fortunately I like the way my body is shaped.

Do you weight train at all? It won't spot reduce or anything but it could help with toning to maybe give those areas a better look that might appeal to you more.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    You have 70 lbs left to lose. Your thighs will get smaller along with the rest of you but don't expect to have an entirely different body shape.
  • melmerritt33
    melmerritt33 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Agree with the other replies, I have the same problem, even when I was at my thinnest as a teenager I still had larger thighs and hips so I know that even when I reach my goal weight they're never going to be as small as the rest of me. Unfortunately we can't change our body shape but you can make your thighs look more streamlined with the right toning/weight training exercises, this really helps to make your whole body look slimmer.
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    You have 70 lbs left to lose. Your thighs will get smaller along with the rest of you but don't expect to have an entirely different body shape.

• tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    Thighs are seriously the best place to carry body fat. There's no internal organs to hormonally disrupt, they did affect your breathing or circulation, and culturally they're associated with femininity.

Big is relative. My thighs are 24.5 and I'm ecstatic. I think it's reasonable to say most women in these boards would be horrified to have this that size within 15 lbs of their leanest weight. But I started with 30 inch thighs. They look about the same in my body now as then.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way. I swear I'm going to have 6 pack abs before my thighs and butt get smaller. Continue to eat at a calorie deficit and the fast will come off