New Goals (thoughts please)

Options
Hi all!

I recently changed up my goals after maintaining for the past few months and wanted to get some thoughts on it.

Height: 5"4
Weight: 140

When I originally started I was 165 pounds and am now down to 140 and have been maintaining while away at college.

I want to lose another 10-15 pounds, I calculated my TDEE as 1665 and am planning on cutting my calories 1332 (per IIFYM) with carbs at 117g, fat at 37g, and protein at 133g.

For exercise I rock climb anywhere from 3-4 times a week for 30 minutes to an hour per session. I also lift once a week currently (5x5) and go on the elliptical for about 20 minutes to a half hour afterwards but would like to eventually be lifting 2-3 times a week. Other than this I am sedentary.

Thoughts on this? Is this a safe way of trying to reach my goal?

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I think you've put good thought into this. My only concern is that you may be underestimating your TDEE. In my experience, the IIFYM calculator underestimates my TDEE by around 200 calories per day. Your age and activity level make me think it may be off for you as well.

All of the calculators are estimates of course but basing a cut on a significantly lower estimate wouldn't be good. I would suggest something like eating at 1650 for a couple of weeks to see how it affects your weight (do you maintain or not) and then figuring your cutting calories.
  • KudraM
    KudraM Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    May I ask what site you are using to calculate your macs?
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I think that's a very low TDEE estimate for the levelof activity you describe (I'm 45, 5'3, 125, sedentary, and maintain on 1775), very high protein and very low fat (I'm eating 70 of each), but that's of course up to preference. Try it out, you have to adjust to what real life tells you anyway.
  • stephchadz
    stephchadz Posts: 143 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    @KudraM I used IIFYM. Those aren't the exact numbers it gave me, but as close as I could get on the free version of Myfitnesspal.
  • codename_steve
    codename_steve Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I have very similar stats, age 25, 5'4" current weight 133 (started around 150), and outside of purposeful exercise I'm sedentary. I've lost the most recent 10 pounds eating 1500-1700. I have MFP set to lose one pound per week and I eat back most of my exercise calories. Current exercise is half marathon training with 20 minutes of lifting 4 days a week