Having trouble today

Options
I am having trouble sticking to everything today. I just want to eat brownies and other things I haven't had for a while. If I bake them, I will eat them. Help!

Replies

• ducky5m48
    ducky5m48 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Take your mind off the food and go outside for a walk. Or do one of your other favorite outdoor activities. Do something to get yourself out of the kitchen and away from the temptation. Stay Strong!
  • ❤B☩❤
    ❤B☩❤ Posts: 634
    Options
    Are you one of those "instant gratification" people? (I am!) Can you take a short walk, dink water and think of all you've accomplished? Maybe by the time you return from your walk, you will have changed your mind. OR, you could make the brownies, have one, journal it, and move on. However, if they are in the house you will be tempted once again. Wrap them up and bring them to a neighbor's. But freeze a couple for yourself for another day. Maybe just the thought of having to wait til they are thawed, will be incentive enough NOT to have one! Everything in moderation, right?

:drinker:
  • mfpchar
    mfpchar Posts: 29
    Options
    I just ate 3 oz of potato chips, and I'm thinking days like this will come after being good for so long. I tend to obsess until I have what I want, and any activity I do to take my mind off it is usually just a temporary bandaid.

So, its possible that if you are like me, a backup plan would be in order. I'm thinking that recognizing the craving, and buying one brownie, break it into a few small bites, and throw the rest away could help. You'd feel the cheat and you'd be back to wanting to stay on top of your calorie deficit.

This strategy work for anyone? Or is it dancing with failure?
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,741 Member
    Options
    I am having trouble sticking to everything today. I just want to eat brownies and other things I haven't had for a while. If I bake them, I will eat them. Help!
    Remind yourself why you're doing what you're doing, take a deep breath, and if it's time to eat something, have something good for you. If it's not, find something else to do to keep yourself busy. You're worth it!