One year out, flatlining

Options
I started tracking in MFP one year ago. I am 5'6.25", or 199 cm. I started at a weight of 165 and hit 138 four months later last summer. Since then for eight months, I have not changed weight much at all (137.4 this morning) and I thank MFP for keeping me on track. This week is my 1 year anniversary. I cardio exercise 5 days a week and 2 strength training days. To lose the weight, I ate 1800 calories. Once I was comfortably down, i bumped up to 2,000 calories. With my exercise, this should make me lose more weight, but it hasn't. Even when I dropped to 1800 for a few weeks again, no change. I have really low fat, but for what it's worth, I still have a little roll in my tummy. A 6 on the caliper. I measure my muscles although I look very toned, they are not growing. The "beach" comments I get are "ripped" and "wow, in shape", but some say "kinda thin". I'm okay with that. I won't get any thinner though.

I am a Withings fan. I have the Withings scale which links to the web, which I really think helped me. I have the BP monitor from them, and for my birthday next week, am getting the Withings Steel Activite watch. My BP by the way dropped to a low-normal and it also has stayed there comfortably in the 110/65 range.

So how has my 59th year gone, as I get ready for 60 next week? Body? Check. Diet? Check. Brain? F**king mess. That's my next frontier. I wish I could get a watch that counted positive and negative thoughts so I could work on that too. I thought that finally, after 50 years, conquering my body, that the brain would come more easily. Not necessarily. Although I am happy to have gone eight months and kept true to my diet. I have NEVER come close to that in my entire life.

Replies

• ajsutter0396
    ajsutter0396 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Overcoming negative self talk is more difficult than losing weight in my opinion!