I need advice about working out!!!

heather0692
heather0692 Posts: 14
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
Okay so i did the Julians no more trouble zones dvd tuesday and wedsday and today i did 30 mins on the treadmil. Does anyone know how to get my legs to stop being so sore so i can continue to do these work outs?

Replies

• Jay_83
    Jay_83 Posts: 446
    if you are sore, it means its working. give yourself a day rest and then get back at it. your body needs time to heal after a workout.

you could also put ice packs on your legs after a workout to speed up the healing process. i did that after every run when I was training for a half marathon. i also ran every other day, not every day.
    Good Luck!:bigsmile:
  • jamiesgotagun
    jamiesgotagun Posts: 670 Member
    When I get really sore like that, I find that if I do the exercise again (like squats) it helps the soreness. Good Luck!!
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    do it again.

the best way to combat sore muscles is to work them again.
  • thank you guys :happy: i really like the feeling i get after i work out but it sucks tryna get up after sittin down or tryna get out of the car. :tongue: .
  • RentThisSpace
    RentThisSpace Posts: 96 Member
    Do a lighter workout of the same material to combat soreness. Stretch those muscles as well after you are warmed up or in a warm to hot shower. Give yourself a day to rest before you hit it hard again.

You could also try some Tiger Balm that you can get at your local drug store.

Overtime, if you keep you doing the exercises the soreness should be less and less as the muscles grow and gain strength.
  • well i dont know if i should stop working out till after sunday because i am going skating and saturday i start my job at subway :tongue:
  • fxdl2k2
    fxdl2k2 Posts: 250 Member
    I like a session of Yoga Flow if sore.
  • mfpchar
    mfpchar Posts: 29
    What I do is change up. I'm not good at diet, but I'm good at getting a workout everyday no matter what.

I'm about maxed in my legs from eliptical. I have to walk/jog tomorrow, unless the muscles aren't so sore, because there's slightly different muscles used for different exercises, just enough to burn the calories I need to.

What I'm not good at is stretching. A good sun salutation from yoga pretty much covers the basics for me, so I think i'll learn my lesson from your experience.

Char
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Eat bananas. They have potassium and it helps with the cramping and muscle soreness. Also, buy some MSM with Glucosamine at Target or somewhere like it. Glucosamine is for joint lubrication and MSM helps muscle repair after work outs.

And yeah..give your body a day off once in a while to recooperate. And keep on doing it. Once your body gets used to the work outs and your muscles stop being sore, that is when you know you need to increase weights or repetitions, etc.
  • Oh wow. I didnt know half the stuff you guys just told me. thank you so much. i love working out but the soreness kills me lol
  • ❤B☩❤
    ❤B☩❤ Posts: 634
    Always be mindful of the floor you work out on. If it's concrete (like my playroom), put something on the floor. A rug, a mat or something to keep the joints from feeling the jarring motion. You'll be standing on your feet all day at Subway, so make sue to have comfy, cushioned shoes!
  • mfpchar
    mfpchar Posts: 29
    Didn't know that about those products! I'll be getting that this weekend then.
  • Haha yeah my first check im going to get all that stuff. and thanks odonna
  • cardigirl
    cardigirl Posts: 492 Member
    Stretching properly after your workout will help alleviate soreness. Works for me. If you belong to a gym, you can ask one of the trainers to show you some good stretches for various parts of the body. You need to know how to do the stretches correctly too, just like the exercises, in order to avoid injury.

There are also videos available online to get you started.

Good luck! And congrats on the exercising!!
  • Thank you. I just joined this site but over the past two weeks i have lost almost 10 lbs. due to a good diet now i want to throw in the exercising
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    People say that you have to take glucosamine and msm for almost a week before you start to feel the benefits but I always find it to work immediately. Maybe it's mind over matter? At any rate take it consistently and it will be a total lifesaver!

The Move Free brand is the best in my opinion.
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,760 Member
    No more trouble zones two days in a row? You're tough - I can only do it twice a week. When I get sore like that I'll take a day off from the weights and DVD's and just walk/jog as my exercise.
This discussion has been closed.