Metabolism changes after bulimia.

Options
Here's a brief summary of my eating disorder.

Last year and the year before that, I would binge and purge on thousands of calories at least five times per week. I lost sixty pounds, and I became ill. Once I stopped purging, but still binged, I gained all of that weight back plus a little more.

This year, I began recovery and ate 1800 calories, give or take, per day. I exercise three or more times per week, mostly walking. I have not lost anything yet, and I only binge maybe twice per week now.

My question is, has my bulimia destroyed my metabolism completely or do you think it will fix itself within the years to come?

Serious responses only please.

Replies

• SadKitty27
    SadKitty27 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Having gone through it much similar to your exp. back in my teens I can tell you that my bottom front teeth are messed up, but my metabolism has always been on the slow side.

It's not impossible to lose weight the right way though if that's what you're asking. I would get w. your Dr. and rule out all the weight loss hindering ailments though (I wish I could, but I lack the funds.)
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Having gone through it much similar to your exp. back in my teens I can tell you that my bottom front teeth are messed up, but my metabolism has always been on the slow side.

It's not impossible to lose weight the right way though if that's what you're asking. I would get w. your Dr. and rule out all the weight loss hindering ailments though (I wish I could, but I lack the funds.)

Thanks for the advice.

I was thinking about getting bloodwork done to rule out thyroid issues or anything else that could hinder my weightloss.