I am done! I give up!

Options
2»

Replies

• Pam_1965
    Pam_1965 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I suggest you food prep for the entire week. I have portioned bags of almonds (for my mid morning snack) and diced chicken all ready to go. I also cut up all my vegetables for salads. Each night I fix one tupperware container full of lettuce and another with all the mixed veggies. I also add in black beans, roasted garbonzo beans and pineapple. All of these are weighed and logged. Sometimes I chop up a cheese stick or some almonds to throw in. I also have my low fat salad dressing all weighed and ready to go. I bring a huge glass bowl. At lunch I warm up the chicken and toss everything together. It looks and tastes delicious. I am a teacher and my 6th graders are always jealous of my salads! It is really important to eat well and regularly. It is super easy for me to stay at 1200 calories a day. I also add in some exercise calories each day, if I feel like I need them.
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I am just under 5'1" and about 145 right now. I'm losing weight from my last pregnancy (he's 17 months). I know a lot is how you carry the weight!

Look into resistance training. It can allow us to look better even at a slightly higher weight (meaning my goal is 125-130, rather than 115 or something). It also is empowering :wink:

It is also important to be very careful in logging. This is my downfall. I know I will lose weight if I eat 1600 calories and exercise regularly, so maybe give that some thought. Also make sure that you're getting enough protein (for satiety as well as for maintaining lean mass as you lose, especially doing resistance training.) Drink plenty of water. Sodium can cause a temporary gain or mask a loss for a short time, but if it's over several weeks, it's probably more than just that; still try paying more attention to the sodium.

For the wedding, try some good shapewear. It will help you fit the dress without it looking as tight/snug. Eat properly and exercise until then, and continue after, but don't try to lose a lot in just 3 weeks. And if the in-laws keep making comments on your weight, your husband needs to speak up and tell them it's not cool (or, you can, if you feel like they'll listen to you - it depends on your relationship with them).

ETA: I just checked your profile, and I'm more than 10 years older than you ... so, I would be surprised if you don't lose weight eating 1600 calories a day and exercising most days. When I was your age, that's what I did and I lost a pound a week or more.
  • ajsutter0396
    ajsutter0396 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I've learned to tune out all the 'helpful' comments. I think we all have to figure out our own way and its trial and error. I personally eat the same things very often because it just made it easier and faster for me to plan. I take a cooler/lunchbox with my food for a 12 hour shift.
  • trjjoy
    trjjoy Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    You are eating more than you think.
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    Cynsonya wrote: »
    That's why I put Tupperware first. You have to take control of your food and measure it out at home. Stop eating out.

+1

+2
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    Please don't give up- Keep trying- forgive and/ or forget the rude comments and do this for YOU- because you are the one who has to live with your weight whether it is a loss or a gain- good luck and never give up
  • augustremulous
    augustremulous Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Seriously, that's exactly what the OP needs right now. More people discussing whether she is overweight or not.

Anyway, I was literally in the same emotional place you were like 36 hours ago so I feel you. Take a break, eat one satisfying, moderate meal, and get a good night's sleep.

And regardless of whether you're overweight or not, it's time for you to look and feel pretty. Make a day with a positive, supportive friend or family member, and treat yourself a little. Go on a Sephora splurge, or get a massage or a facial - that kind of thing. Whatever you version of self indulgence that's not food is :)

You'll get through this.