Motivation

Options
gridlon1012
gridlon1012 Posts: 7 Member
edited March 2016 in Motivation and Support
Okay-

So how do you all stay focused and motivated??? I keep on falling off track and it is making me CRAZY! I really want to just stick with it but I just keep coming up with excuses.. Any ideas??

Thanks! ❤️

Replies

• LULU4178
    LULU4178 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I wish I did. All I can say is that I am right there with you. However, the good news is we are both on myfitnesspal so we are not lying on the side of the road in a ditch kind of off track--we just made an unexpected stop. I got on the scale this morning expecting to see a big number and it was the same as last week. Whew--not as bad as I thought!

Tomorrow is a new day and I have my workout clothes laid out and I know what I am going to eat. That is more of plan than I have had since September so I am proud of myself. Just take it one meal/once day at a time. Remember to do something today that you will be glad you did six months from now. You can do this! You didn't create your habits over night and it is going to take time and effort to get some new ones. Think of how much healthier you are now than you were before you started.
  • Jpinpoint
    Jpinpoint Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I don't consider my food a 'diet'. I never keep myself from eating what I want to eat, instead I watch my portions and mostly I don't crave bad food. I end up craving good for me food. Protein and veggies.
    I make sure I workout at least 3 days a week in the gym, I never miss a Monday.
    I recently adopted my sisters Black Lab, he's 2 yrs of and overweight by about 15 lbs. It makes me happy to wake up in the morning and he's ready to go for a long walk.
    I only weigh myself once a week and instead judge my progress on how I feel, how my clothes fit and how I sleep.

My best advice is to reevaluate your expectations and make manageable expectations.
  • gridlon1012
    Options
    LULU4178 wrote: »
    I wish I did. All I can say is that I am right there with you. However, the good news is we are both on myfitnesspal so we are not lying on the side of the road in a ditch kind of off track--we just made an unexpected stop. I got on the scale this morning expecting to see a big number and it was the same as last week. Whew--not as bad as I thought!

Tomorrow is a new day and I have my workout clothes laid out and I know what I am going to eat. That is more of plan than I have had since September so I am proud of myself. Just take it one meal/once day at a time. Remember to do something today that you will be glad you did six months from now. You can do this! You didn't create your habits over night and it is going to take time and effort to get some new ones. Think of how much healthier you are now than you were before you started.
    ((((THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! ))))
  • gridlon1012
    Options
    Jpinpoint wrote: »
    I don't consider my food a 'diet'. I never keep myself from eating what I want to eat, instead I watch my portions and mostly I don't crave bad food. I end up craving good for me food. Protein and veggies.
    I make sure I workout at least 3 days a week in the gym, I never miss a Monday.
    I recently adopted my sisters Black Lab, he's 2 yrs of and overweight by about 15 lbs. It makes me happy to wake up in the morning and he's ready to go for a long walk.
    I only weigh myself once a week and instead judge my progress on how I feel, how my clothes fit and how I sleep.

My best advice is to reevaluate your expectations and make manageable expectations.

Thank you <3 I feel great today. I stayed on track and exercised a lot. Hope your progress is well!

• musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    Tell yourself to quit making excuses and just do it. Once you get into the habit of it ( watching what you eat, exercising, whatever) it becomes second nature.
  • lucyjoon402
    lucyjoon402 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Figure out WHY you're doing this. What's the deeper reason. Yeah we all want to lose weight and be healthier, but what's your driving force? For me, it's my kids. I don't want to be a burden on them when they grow up. I want to enjoy life WITH them instead of sitting on the sidelines. For me it was something tragic that snapped me into getting healthy. It can be different with all of us, but you have to find your driving force. You might have to dig a little deep, but it's worth it. Feel free to add me!