Alcohol

Options
I can handle the workouts. I can even tolerate the calorie deficit but how the..... do you give up the beer and alcohol?

Replies

• KateTii
    KateTii Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    You don't have to... you can include the beer/alcohol into your daily calories. If you are someone who already drinks a 6 pack every night, you might need to reduce it down, or limit it to special occasions instead of a beer on the lounge.
  • lisawinning4losing
    lisawinning4losing Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Stop hanging out with people who drink. Worked for me.

But, that might not be the solution for everyone. I'm kind of reclusive right now, but looking for new friends to hike and do yoga with.
  • chimaerandi
    chimaerandi Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I don't? I make room elsewhere, or bank calories, or work out extra.

I mean, if you're drinking to beat the band, that's one thing, but I've lost more than 60 pounds without giving up drinking.
  • GMAC2016
    GMAC2016 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I love beer. However I have tried to cut back a lot. I also find that with reduced calorie intake that a few beers hits me fast and hard so watch out for that if you decide to have more than a couple in an evening.
    I am also a home brewer so I have been making beer with 3-3.5% alcohol to help keep it in check.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I still have beer, and ice cream. There's no need to cut these things out. You may need to work on balancing your other calories to make sure you are getting enough nutrients though (depending on what your calorie goal is).
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Gotta do it if you want to burn fat!