Cheapest way to join gym in UK?

Options
teamvic
teamvic Posts: 140 Member
Hi all, hoping someone can help. Ive plateaued working with weights at home and can't afford to buy Olympic weights and all the benches to carry on at home as saving to develop my house. Does anyone know the cheapest way to join a gym in the uk? The costs seem so blooming high, again putting me off till my house is done(years away).

Replies

• LCD_80
    LCD_80 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Pure gym are pretty good and cheap - about £12-18 pm depending on location. Open 24 hours, all have free weights as well as cardio and classes.
  • torizia
    torizia Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I'm with moveGB - I think it's UK wide but am not certain so have a look and see if it's in your area! Basically you pay them a weekly fee (there are various options including £7.99 per week which gets you 3 gym sessions or £9.99 per week which is unlimited sessions) and you can cancel at any time and they just take no further payments so there's no obligation to stay long term. You then get access to all gyms that they partner with, which tends to be the UK leisure centres (gym/pool/classes) as well as loads of others.
    I've been with them for about a year now and love it as it means I can go to all different gyms, near work, home etc and you can freeze membership when you go away etc :)
    If you're interested then have a browse on their site - I do get a further discount and you get a free trial if I refer you on https://movegb.com/friend-referral?referring_customer_id=2644 but even if you go direct I highly recommend them - I find it cheaper than being a member of one gym and I get to use loads!
  • michelletowle52
    michelletowle52 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Budget gyms are OK pure gym being of very high standard in the way of cleanliness. Better than David Lloyd I kid you not. But independent bodybuilding gyms are far more friendly and often quite cheap with awesome equipment
  • ChrisUK70
    ChrisUK70 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Sports Direct Fitness are really cheap considering they are all ex LA-Fitness gyms, I think they are about 25 a month and you are only tied into 3 months.
  • sweets1973
    sweets1973 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I use a council run gym, I use the gym, do the classes swimming As well. It's 22 pound a month
  • Scamd83
    Scamd83 Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    I've seen a commercial chain of gyms (can't remember the name) which offer £10 a month membership. Obviously those sort of gyms cater to a lot of people and get a huge amount of volume hence the cheap price. You just need to google this sort of thing and you'll come up with all sorts of options. If google knows your location, it will show you where to go.
  • michelletowle52
    michelletowle52 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Oh and with pure gym your entitled to multiple excess to their gyms nationwide. Other uk based buget gyms are excercise4less and the gym group all under £20 a month I'd still look for an independent owned body building gym though as they truly are the best ones around.
  • SoleilxStitch
    SoleilxStitch Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Pure gym? seems to be an ad I keep seeing around at the moment or you could try your local council gym.
  • CassidyScaglione
    CassidyScaglione Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Find your doppelganger and share a membership. :D
  • abijones75
    abijones75 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Pure gym, really cheap but quality gyms... No extras like pools or saunas tho.