Help!

Hey everyone. Ive been logging and eating healthy for about a month and a half. Im 33, 5'6" and weigh 230 lbs. And thats all i see o. The scale. I walk just about eveyday. I have to walk very quickly for 8 hrs a day. I feel like by the end of the day I've lost so much weight. But when i get on the scale again, I've actually gained an oz or nothing at all. I dont know what else to do and I'm getting very frustrated. It seems i should have at least lost a vouple couple lbs. Im just ready to give up.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Don't weigh yourself multiple times a day. Do it once a week at the same time
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Weigh once a day or less under the same conditions. Usually weighing immediately upon waking up from your longest sleep, after going to the bathroom, before eating, and naked is the easiest way to weigh under consistent conditions.
  • lc355
    lc355 Posts: 91 Member
    How many calories do you eat?
    I'm also 5'6 but am now in maintenance. I started off on 1400 and no exercise and found myself losing more than a lb a week (now I average about 1800). I was older amd lighter to start with though so you might need more. Then I got a fitbit charge hr and started walking more, they are expensive but I've found it really helpful as it tells me how many calories I've burnt so I know how many calories to eat. It only works though if logging is pretty accurate.
  • jemhh wrote: »
    Weigh once a day or less under the same conditions. Usually weighing immediately upon waking up from your longest sleep, after going to the bathroom, before eating, and naked is the easiest way to weigh under consistent conditions.

This.
    Don't weigh yourself multiple times a day. Do it once a week at the same time

And this.

Your weight will always fluctuate, also go by other measurements... How you feel, inches lost, clothes that fit differently. I have a love-hate relationship with my scale. Sometimes it shows me what I want and other times it doesn't move. Take comfort in knowing that what your doing is making you a healthier person and the weight will come off.
  • subakwa
    subakwa Posts: 347 Member
    So the obvious answer, if you are not losing weight, is that you are still consuming too many calories compared to your calorie usage.

What amount are you trying to eat, and how strict are you with logging everything?