When did people notice your weightloss!

Options
1235»

Replies

• rachellosesitall85
    rachellosesitall85 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I think it all depends on your height and how you wear your weight. I'm 5'7" and mostly top heavy with a chubby face. Any loss in my face or upper body and people notice because my bottom half is already thinned out. They always assume I've lost more than I have, but then no one's ever been able to guess my weight even at my highest of 258. Basically the first 10-15lbs I was asked as I lose weight up top, first.
  • brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    HW: 387 (lost from this before, had some regains- was SW in 2013)
    SW: 323 (2016)
    CW: 198
    GW: 170, or less. We'll see how I feel when I get there and maintain for a bit.

I'm pretty short (5'3") and I think people started noticing around 45 - 50 lbs, or at least that's the point they felt comfortable saying it. The comments are a lot more frequent these days, but I'm almost half the woman I used to be.
  • myfightforfitness
    myfightforfitness Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'm currently 200lbs and 5'6" tall. Just curious to know when will people begin to notice my weight loss? Like after how much weight will they begin to realise?? Any advice :)
  • DarkSinestra
    DarkSinestra Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I think it all depends on your height and how you wear your weight. I'm 5'7" and mostly top heavy with a chubby face. Any loss in my face or upper body and people notice because my bottom half is already thinned out. They always assume I've lost more than I have, but then no one's ever been able to guess my weight even at my highest of 258. Basically the first 10-15lbs I was asked as I lose weight up top, first.

I'm the same way, and I tend to carry my weight well. People are truly shocked when I tell them how much I weigh or want to lose. Even though it's flattering, it has also worked against me when I could tell myself, hey, you fit into 12 jeans, so you're not the size you were at your largest, while weighing more than I ever have. 10-15 is when people notice on me. I lose weight in my face, neck, and arms first. The upper belly is always dead last. :|
  • DarkSinestra
    DarkSinestra Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm currently 200lbs and 5'6" tall. Just curious to know when will people begin to notice my weight loss? Like after how much weight will they begin to realise?? Any advice :)

A good rule of thumb is 15-20% loss is when a lot of people will be able to tell, but honestly it depends on a lot of factors like how and where you carry your weight, how you dress, and who's around you. A lot of people really aren't terribly observant. lol Also, people may notice and not comment out of fear of being rude, so don't get too bummed if you're putting in the hard work and not getting the feedback. It doesn't necessarily mean people can't tell. They're just unsure if the comments are welcome.
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Height 5'5"

SW 233
    CW 161
    GW 135

Really didn't get many comments until about 35 - 40 pounds. At 70 pounds gone most people are amazed but lately no comments as I guess they are getting used to the change. Last 25 pounds are a pain to lose as I seem to go up and down on the same 2 pounds (159 to 161). :-(
  • Ashs85
    Ashs85 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    SW 260
    Current Weight 233

I've lost 27 lbs in 2 months mostly by eating sugar free. My doctor has told me I carry my weight really well even, even though at 260 lbs, I was classified as morbidly obese. I decided after signing up for online dating and having to list my body type, that I didn't want to be classified as BBW forever. I have always seen myself thinner than I actually am. So now I've been losing weight and doing great, but no one has noticed. I even have some friends who are skeptical and don't believe I've lost weight at all.
  • myfightforfitness
    myfightforfitness Posts: 136 Member
    Options

A good rule of thumb is 15-20% loss is when a lot of people will be able to tell, but honestly it depends on a lot of factors like how and where you carry your weight, how you dress, and who's around you. A lot of people really aren't terribly observant. lol Also, people may notice and not comment out of fear of being rude, so don't get too bummed if you're putting in the hard work and not getting the feedback. It doesn't necessarily mean people can't tell. They're just unsure if the comments are welcome.

Ahh alright thanks :)
  • rachellosesitall85
    edited January 2017
    Options

What's your shape? Hourglass, Apple, Inverted Triangle, Spoon? I think weight loss targets the most weight from the areas we're largest. If you're top heavy, and your boobs/belly go down, people will probably notice. If you're an hourglass you'll probably lose it all over, and if you're an apple, people will probably notice your weight loss in your tummy area. I could be wrong but this is what I've observed. People usually notice an absence or presence of something.

I think it's the same for someone who's had surgery. Someone with large breasts having a reduction, people are going to notice the lack of fat in the area the person was largest. Same if someone got an obvious breast augmentation or has built a lot of muscle. What was small, enlarged and so on.
  • rachellosesitall85
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Ashs85 wrote: »
    SW 260
    Current Weight 233

I've lost 27 lbs in 2 months mostly by eating sugar free. My doctor has told me I carry my weight really well even, even though at 260 lbs, I was classified as morbidly obese. I decided after signing up for online dating and having to list my body type, that I didn't want to be classified as BBW forever. I have always seen myself thinner than I actually am. So now I've been losing weight and doing great, but no one has noticed. I even have some friends who are skeptical and don't believe I've lost weight at all.

You're doing great! If you keep kicking butt, people are going to eventually notice (probably around your 160's) depending on your height, where you wear your weight, and your goal weight. And I'm right there with you. It's tough shedding the BBW label, but it no longer defines the person we want to be at the end of the weight loss journey.

I promise you. If you keep hustling and you hit anywhere near the 160's coming from 260, they're going to notice! Beware thought, you could lose some of those skeptical friends, lol. That's how you know they've noticed!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!