At the end of my rope

Options
daligrrrl
daligrrrl Posts: 33 Member
edited March 2016 in Motivation and Support
#fitnessrant

I find it infuriating that my body only responds to (loses weight by) eating 1200 measly calories and doing 2 hours of cardio a day. It's been one year since I've lost all the weight. I ended at 130 pounds. Now I sit anywhere between 145-150. I still do cardio but most I lift weights.

Been following macros to the T for two weeks and eating 1763 cals and gaining steadily. (500 less than my tdee). Is there a way to eat medium carbs and adjust the rest of my macros??

So tired of this lifestyle. I really should just go back to 210 lbs and be done with it all!

I have read countless articles on macros- countless videos on bulking and cutting. I've watched countless videos on every goal that I want. They are ALL contradictory. I can't afford a trainer to tell me what to eat and how to excercise.

So it's either be the cardio queen and eat like a rabbit. Or be 15 lbs heavier and eat right. I just don't get any of this. I'm so tired of trying.

And then on top of it, I read about fat cells never 'dying' always reproducing and then new ones growing on top of that.....so this serious belly fat and back of the thigh fat will never go away?!?

I'm at the end of my rope. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

#tryinghard #attheendofmyrope #sofrustrated

Replies

• LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Your logging is not accurate. If you are maintaining aroung 150, you are eating your TDEE for this weight. There is no other explanation, sorry.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,622 Member
    Options
    You're likely over estimating your TDEE. Let's start with your BMR. Based on age, weight and current height (it looks like you're about 5'2") then your BMR is approximately 1439. So try eating your BMR and see how that works.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • OyGeeBiv
    OyGeeBiv Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    There's a big difference between 1200 and 1763. I'm confused by all the rest of what you said.

Did you eat 1200 when losing and then go to 1763 and now you're gaining? Well, then 1763 is too much for you. Pay attention to @ninerbuff. He knows what he's talking about.
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Check out the Body for life book. It's very motivating, extremely simple, and no matter my weight, I always lost 1.5 pounds of fat a week following it. I plan on going back to it eventually myself. A lot of it is now on the bodybuilding.com website, look for Bill Phillips back to fit. There's info on the workouts, nutrition, and schedule. It's his modern version of BFL. I didn't always follow the workout plan exactly, I combined weights and cardio because certain days I couldn't go. And, I ate 5 meals a day, not 6.

Sometimes simple is better and less stressful.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bill-phillips-back-to-fit-12-week-trainer.html?searchterm=Back to fit
  • daligrrrl
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    You're likely over estimating your TDEE. Let's start with your BMR. Based on age, weight and current height (it looks like you're about 5'2") then your BMR is approximately 1439. So try eating your BMR and see how that works.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Thank you so much for this. It's been almost two weeks and just by making that change its really helped a lot. Also factoring my macros into this and now just 'eating my calories' and really focusing on front loading and back load carbs into my workout for energy. Thank you so much.
  • daligrrrl
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your advice and help. Been almost two weeks and feel like I finally have something dialed in right!
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    daligrrrl wrote: »
    #fitnessrant

And then on top of it, I read about fat cells never 'dying' always reproducing and then new ones growing on top of that.....so this serious belly fat and back of the thigh fat will never go away?!?

#tryinghard #attheendofmyrope #sofrustrated

Sorry you are going through this. Fat cells grow/ increase in number during childhood and do not 'die'. They do shrink however when they are emptied out of fat. The belly fat may be due to your omentum which is a pad of fat covers your intestines. At under weight I still have a thick omentum- some women are built that way- particularly is you are hourglass shaped. The thigh fat may not be all fat- it may be muscles bulking the volume under the fat?
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    This simply doesnt not happen. 1,200 - 2 hours of calories would be near enough zero calories per day, net. You are just probably eating 3 times what you are saying or doing 2 minutes of cardio and not 2 hours...