Interment or cremation- what's your preference. Oh and Happy Easter!

2»

Replies

• valente347
    valente347 Posts: 201 Member
    I'd like to be cremated, but my best friend is a funeral director (and atheist, so no religious reasoning) and looks down on the idea, as if a "certain type" of person chooses cremation. (Her response, "Oh......don't do that.") She never explains the prejudice, so I'm really curious what the stereotype of a cremation ceremony is in the funeral business. I mean, I know it's cheaper, but does that mean my last impression is that of a miser? I'll probably do whatever I want, but I'm guessing a funeral leaves a lasting impression that's hard to overcome. :)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,941 Member
    valente347 wrote: »
    I'd like to be cremated, but my best friend is a funeral director (and atheist, so no religious reasoning) and looks down on the idea, as if a "certain type" of person chooses cremation. (Her response, "Oh......don't do that.") She never explains the prejudice, so I'm really curious what the stereotype of a cremation ceremony is in the funeral business. I mean, I know it's cheaper, but does that mean my last impression is that of a miser? I'll probably do whatever I want, but I'm guessing a funeral leaves a lasting impression that's hard to overcome. :)
    A funeral director is looking to make a profit. Of COURSE you should choose an option that's higher so profit margin is higher. Why would she only offer the lowest profit margin?
    It's like an ad in the paper that says "Cars starting at $19,000" just to get you in. Then the one you want is $25,000. Common sales tactic is usually "Well you shouldn't settle for the cheapest when you're entitled to something more comfortable especially with all the work you've put in. What's money if you don't spend and enjoy it?" Boom, you get the $25,000 car.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png