Nearing 40 and 100lbs+ over weight!

Options
So about 4 years ago, I used MFP to lose over 70lbs. I was really happy and felt better than I have in years. But then as it does, life took a turn and I'm now heavier than ever.

I'm a UK based food addict approaching 40 and I'm looking to lose over 100lbs.

If you're UK based, or anywhere else in the world with similar goals, feel free to add me, but only if you are serious enough to have an open diary.

I look forward to sharing this journey to change our life's for ourselves and our loved ones.

Cheers

Andy W

Replies

• bex_2016
    bex_2016 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey, feel free to add me x
  • shellscriptr
    shellscriptr Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    So about 4 years ago, I used MFP to lose over 70lbs.
    What did you find most helpful about MFP?
    I am also a food addict nearing 40, I have 70-80lbs to lose, and I'm brand new to this app. I would love to know what works.
  • 50extra
    50extra Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Andy, if you plan on being active on this site while you get back down to an acceptable level add me as a friend. I have been going for 65+ days. I have an open diary and I also have a page that I update every couple days at least with progress updates, workout routines, struggles and accomplishments. 32 y/o male, starting weight 242, current weight 224.8(March 10), goal weight somewhere around 190, next weigh in is the start of April where I hope to be 219.9 or less.
  • fatmanthinuk
    fatmanthinuk Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    So about 4 years ago, I used MFP to lose over 70lbs.
    What did you find most helpful about MFP?
    I am also a food addict nearing 40, I have 70-80lbs to lose, and I'm brand new to this app. I would love to know what works.

The ability to plan. The fact it helps you control your portion size and the fact it simply educates you on what is good for you and what is shite! Just by plugging your normal foods in you'll see that all the stuff you used to eat was rubbish. Take wraps for instance, marketed as a healthy alternative to a sandwich, but in reality is just as bed IF NOT worse for you.

I was horrified when I found out, and really found out how bad rice and pasta is for you calorie wise. My normal portion was really about 6 portions!! Shocking. So now I avoid rice and pasta, but when I do indulge, I make sure I only have one portion.

Feel free to add if you want. I have an open diary so you can see what I'm eating. I love getting ideas from other peoples diaries.

Cheers

Andy W
  • shellscriptr
    shellscriptr Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    That makes a lot of sense. Thank you much!
    -Tess
  • halifax22
    halifax22 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am new to the program and just trying to learn how to use it. I am 49 and 100 pounds over weight. I am looking for lots of support and good ideas. My health is in poor shape so this needs to be serious.
  • fatmanthinuk
    fatmanthinuk Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    That makes a lot of sense. Thank you much!
    -Tess

No worries. Just remember though, the app is only a tool. You do have to change your habits. It's not hard to fail and it's not easy to win!