Scam or the real deal?

Options
Just wondering. Has anyone tried or heard of CB-1 weight gainer? Does it actually help you gain weight? Or are there any side effects or anything in it that can harm the body? I'm currently in the process of bulking but if something like this will speed up the process I wouldn't mind giving it a try.

Replies

• mandsa1811
    mandsa1811 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have tried it but it made me feel really groggy, I wouldn't recommend it!
  • bclarke1990
    bclarke1990 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Calories help you gain weight. Eat calories with good nutrients in them.
  • Scamd83
    Scamd83 Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    dorienhamm wrote: »
    Just wondering. Has anyone tried or heard of CB-1 weight gainer? Does it actually help you gain weight? Or are there any side effects or anything in it that can harm the body? I'm currently in the process of bulking but if something like this will speed up the process I wouldn't mind giving it a try.

Speed up the process? If you speed up the process and put on a load of weight quickly much of it will be fat. Bulking is a slow process. This is a solution for a problem that doesn't exist.
  • se015
    se015 Posts: 583 Member
    Options

When I first wanted to gain weight and bulk I pondered mass gainers. They are stupid and they won't really help. I dabbled with them and all they did was shut down my appetite and make me feel sick. Some of them have tons of Sugar too which is awful. Pick foods you like to eat. Foods high in Fat have more calories because remember for every gram of fat there is 9 calories, whereas for every gram of carbs or protein there is 4 calories. Lift weights moderately heavy, do compound lifts and eat at a calorie surplus, try out the MFP setting when you put in your weight goals.

Foods to eat; Rice, Pasta with sauce, Eggs, Peanut Butter, Beef, Fish, Chicken, Milk (whole), Bread, butter, Ground beef, Protein Powder, Cottage Cheese, Oatmeal, Flax seed oil, Olive oil (any oils), nuts, beans, avocados, sweet potatoes, white potatoes, Bannanas, any fruits, but bannanas have the most calories I think. Watch the sugar for fruits though. Avoid Soy as research has shown that Soy helps elevate Estrogen which is not what you want...

If you have trouble eating a lot, try this stuff called Boost Plus made by Nestle. It's a supplement but has 360 calories per drink and I think they are awesome, it helped me gain a ton of weight without wasting money on those stupid mass gainers. They are cheap and you can get a whole box off Amazon. Have one of them every day with all the other foods I listed and you're good. For your sweet tooth, maybe try Dark Chocolate if you like Chocolate.
  • dorienhamm
    dorienhamm Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Seth1825 wrote: »

When I first wanted to gain weight and bulk I pondered mass gainers. They are stupid and they won't really help. I dabbled with them and all they did was shut down my appetite and make me feel sick. Some of them have tons of Sugar too which is awful. Pick foods you like to eat. Foods high in Fat have more calories because remember for every gram of fat there is 9 calories, whereas for every gram of carbs or protein there is 4 calories. Lift weights moderately heavy, do compound lifts and eat at a calorie surplus, try out the MFP setting when you put in your weight goals.

Foods to eat; Rice, Pasta with sauce, Eggs, Peanut Butter, Beef, Fish, Chicken, Milk (whole), Bread, butter, Ground beef, Protein Powder, Cottage Cheese, Oatmeal, Flax seed oil, Olive oil (any oils), nuts, beans, avocados, sweet potatoes, white potatoes, Bannanas, any fruits, but bannanas have the most calories I think. Watch the sugar for fruits though. Avoid Soy as research has shown that Soy helps elevate Estrogen which is not what you want...

If you have trouble eating a lot, try this stuff called Boost Plus made by Nestle. It's a supplement but has 360 calories per drink and I think they are awesome, it helped me gain a ton of weight without wasting money on those stupid mass gainers. They are cheap and you can get a whole box off Amazon. Have one of them every day with all the other foods I listed and you're good. For your sweet tooth, maybe try Dark Chocolate if you like Chocolate.

Thanks for the info. I'll have to give that Boost Plus stuff a try. Sounds like something I'd like.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Trust me man. Just eat more food. It's harder than working out but it's what you have to do. I eat literally to the point where I go to bed everyday and I have my first meal of 500-1000 calories within 30 minutes of waking up. Pre log your food so that you know exactly what you have to eat during the day.
  • HamsterManV2
    HamsterManV2 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Stop looking for shortcuts. Calculate your TDEE, eat 500 calories over that for +1lb gained per week. That means track everything you eat (use a digital scale and myfitnesspal account) for a couple of months. Make shakes or eat dense/high calorie foods to reach your daily goal.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Stop looking for shortcuts. Calculate your TDEE, eat 500 calories over that for +1lb gained per week. That means track everything you eat (use a digital scale and myfitnesspal account) for a couple of months. Make shakes or eat dense/high calorie foods to reach your daily goal.

Seriously. Weight gainer = high cost high calorie shake. Nothing special.

Easy and cheaper weight gainer = quart of ice cream daily.
  • larsminnaar
    larsminnaar Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    jessef593 wrote: »
    Trust me man. Just eat more food. It's harder than working out but it's what you have to do. I eat literally to the point where I go to bed everyday and I have my first meal of 500-1000 calories within 30 minutes of waking up. Pre log your food so that you know exactly what you have to eat during the day.

Hey Jesse im dealing with the problem of just having such a hard time eating a surplus. Classic i guess but could i have a look in your food diary to see what your average day is like?
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options

Hey Jesse im dealing with the problem of just having such a hard time eating a surplus. Classic i guess but could i have a look in your food diary to see what your average day is like?
    Yeah for sure. My diary is a little lacking today since I'm out of town but I'll send you a friend request so you can take a look

• stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    General rule of thumb: If you have to ask if something is a scam, it usually is.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

one serving of talenti gelato is about 250 calories, have two servings and that is 500 calories and easy to get down = problem solved
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Let's give the original weight-gainer a shot: beer and donuts. And bacon. And, really, anything in excessive quantities.

I am confused as to why you'd want to spend money on something that you could probably do in a lot cheaper and more enjoyable way. If you need "clean" calories, then eat bread or potatoes or chicken or WHATEVER in mass quantities. Right?
  • speerickson
    speerickson Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Despite all the hate on weight gainers here, they do work and they do help. However as many have mentioned, they are expensive calories. If you don't have the time to eat or make a shake in a blender during the day and you have spare cash, then yeah go ahead and buy some mass gainer. It makes it a quick and easy choice to help meet your daily macros.
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    Options
    Plain almonds or cashews. A handful -- like a cup -- is somewhere around 800 calories if I recall correctly. As a bonus, fiber and protein.