Starbucks

Options
Hey fellow coffee lovers! Starbucks is of course pretty high in calories, but sometimes it feels like a necessary treat! I was just wondering what some of your favorite drinks were, and any tips you have to keep it light? I know with some modifications, their drinks aren't always terrible. I just wanted to get some feedback on any favorite "skinny" or "light" drinks :)

Replies

• firstnamerachel
    firstnamerachel Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I love a flat white! Nothing fancy- just hot, a little sweet and a little bitter- perfect!
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    I tend to go with the caramel macchiato - tall is 180 cals, grande 240 - without making any changes.

If I want something else, I ask for nonfat milk. Even with the couple drinks that come with whipped cream, they're still around 300 cals. I generally don't eat anything else for breakfast and have some veggies mid-morning to tide me over till lunch.

I've tried the "skinny" version of drinks and the sugar-free syrup just isn't my thing. But substituting nonfat milk doesn't affect the taste a bit and cuts down on the calories a tad :)

~Lyssa
  • IGbnat24
    IGbnat24 Posts: 520 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    A plain latte or cappuccino is diet friendly. If you need the flavoring, go with the sugar free syrups they have on hand. They also have almond and coconut milk they can sub for the dairy to give you flavor without a bunch of empty calories.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Black coffee, maybe with some splenda. (Almost) No calories.
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Tall americano (or coffee) with a splash of cream and 2 pumps of white chocolate syrup. It's the poor man's white chocolate mocha and has about 75 calories.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    their new honey blossom machiatto with soy milk. 170 cals. and tasty. :)
  • aub6689
    aub6689 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Blendicano--you have them take a quad espresso, sugar free sweetener (of your choice) and venti ice and blend it together like a frapp, but with no base and no milk. It is like a coffee icee and is great.
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I don't care for the nonfat and skinny versions. Diet food makes me feel like, why bother? If I don't have the calories to treat myself to a full-fat iced peppermint mocha with whipped cream, there is always plain coffee with 20 calories of half and half. A perfectly reasonable everyday beverage in my opinion.
  • awholenewworld
    awholenewworld Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I rarely go but when I do, I get a tall skinny vanilla latte either hot or iced for a mere 100 calories.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,994 Member
    Options
    coffee, cold brew, or americano, black or with a tablespoon or two of half and half (5 to 45 calories, depending on the size of the drink and how heavy-handed you are with the half and half).
    Or have a nonfat latte (unflavored or with sugar-free syrup), and get a decent protein payoff for your calories.

(And face the fact that if you have to have a bunch of syrup in your coffee, you don't really like coffee at all. You like sweet drinks. Maybe consider switching to soda or sweet tea.)
  • melhasz8
    melhasz8 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I usually get an iced coffee with SF vanilla and some half and half as well. I have one everyday and still lose weight.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Grande americano with 3 pumps of sugarfree mocha + 3 splenda mmmmm (15-20) cals give or take. Or I'll get a grande non fat cappuccino (80 calories)
  • plantgrrl
    plantgrrl Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    double tall nonfat caramel macchiato. I don't like sugar free syrups so I don't get them "skinny" and I have an extra shot (the double part) added because I don't like it too sweet and I want the extra coffee. It's just perfect for me.

When I've lived in larger cities I loved getting all of the Clover brewing system coffees, that machine is amazing.

You could always get a Cafe Misto. It's basically cafe au lait (drip coffee with steamed milk) you could have flavors added.
  • johnnylakis
    johnnylakis Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Once in a while, I have to have a frappucino. I used to have one every morning, but that was when I weighed 215.
  • nichalsont
    nichalsont Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    janjunie wrote: »
    Tall americano (or coffee) with a splash of cream and 2 pumps of white chocolate syrup. It's the poor man's white chocolate mocha and has about 75 calories.

This is good information. Non-fat white chocolate mocha w/o whip is what I always order. I don't recall the calorie count, but it is more than 75.
  • drabbits2
    drabbits2 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    don't forget they also still have short as a size--nice for a little treat with less calories. a short hot chocolate with non fat milk isn't bad, ditto a short non fat cappuccino. a short non fat mocha is only 120 calories.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Why pay for coffee? At home it's .07 cents a cup.
    0 calories.
    Saving over $1,000 a year.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options

drip coffee != espresso

unless of course you own a fancy smancy environment ruining machine. :lol:
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »

drip coffee != espresso

unless of course you own a fancy smancy environment ruining machine. :lol:

Our Moka pot comes pretty close, although apparently it isn't a "true" espresso.
  • ronjsteele1
    ronjsteele1 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    I get a venti strawberry acai refresher for 130 calories. Except I can't drink it past 2pm or the caffeine keeps me up all night. :disappointed: