Starting date - 7/27/14
Starting weight - 180 pounds
Ending date - 3/26/16
Ending weight - 125 pounds

3ba417c7-b8c0-4dbe-b78c-f61d1197e416_zps5huaikzf.jpg~original

8c8c41e0-497b-4f24-85a8-268a7e5b1937_zpswqwbp95t.jpg~original

436179D9-3757-48B5-8266-C98B3D9CD443_zpsmma0q4t0.jpg~original

EAB79F42-B84C-47B8-AE21-01BD07FB99EA_zps7c3xnped.jpg~original

Hopefully I figured out how to post pictures. Anyway- thanks to all my MFP friends and everyone else in my life who told me I was looking great. Took about 20 months but I got there finally!

Replies

• TK6299
    TK6299 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! You should be really proud of yourself. What an amazing transformation. Awesome job!!!!
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    Congrats. You do look great.
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! What a difference! Great job!
  • JayJo13
    JayJo13 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    That's incredible! Great job and dedication! All your hard work obviously paid off!
  • samfordbelle
    samfordbelle Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!!
  • lemonychild
    lemonychild Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    you look good! what is your height
  • jls1mum
    jls1mum Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Youve done brilliant
    Tell me how you managed it
  • yweight1969
    yweight1969 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Congratulations
  • NAbramovich
    NAbramovich Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting. You look terrific!
  • BXCHICAinOHIO
    BXCHICAinOHIO Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful! Congratulations! Best for continued success!
  • flowerhouse
    flowerhouse Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    20months well spent - you look great congratulations
  • Fursian
    Fursian Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Those people in your life aren't wrong, you do look great! Well done to you! <3
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all.
    you look good! what is your height

I am 5'4".
    jls1mum wrote: »
    Youve done brilliant
    Tell me how you managed it

I just followed the calories MFP gave me and ate whatever I liked (although I tended to go for healthier foods so I could eat more). I generally ate back exercise calories (all in the beginning) and then ate back about half toward the end. Toward the very end I would not eat back exercise calories at all a few days a week to lose those last few. I also have found an exercise that I enjoy- I ride a recumbent trike and we have a lot of rail trails around here. Husband and I go a few days a week in the nice weather.
  • Jussilu
    Jussilu Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You look terrific!! How wonderful you must feel!!
  • jdt242
    jdt242 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. Well done!
  • Melissapaige1
    Melissapaige1 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! So proud of you! I'm 5'2 my starting weight was 180 on Sept 3rd, 2016. Today im 175. My goal weight is 125-130lbs. I'm getting a bit sad, and discouraged, although I love to excercise and I won't stop. I'm wondering what's going on that I've been stuck at 175 for the past 2-3 months? Sorry I hope I'm not taking away from your success story, i just find your success story so motivating.
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! So proud of you! I'm 5'2 my starting weight was 180 on Sept 3rd, 2016. Today im 175. My goal weight is 125-130lbs. I'm getting a bit sad, and discouraged, although I love to excercise and I won't stop. I'm wondering what's going on that I've been stuck at 175 for the past 2-3 months? Sorry I hope I'm not taking away from your success story, i just find your success story so motivating.

When I look back at my progress I saw that I consistently lost about 5 pounds a month for the first 4-5 months (and I didn't even use a food scale). After that it slowed down a bit so I bought a food scale and started weighing everything. That helped a lot. For a couple of months last year from March through May I was stuck and I would swear I was logging everything, but if I'm really honest with myself I would say that I was adding a lot of calories with BLTs (bites, licks and tastes). I usually come home from work /gym hungry and tend to snack when making dinner. I think I started losing again when I stopped this habit by eating some high protein snacks before my workout. That helped me not to be so famished when I got home and I could make it until I actually sat down to eat. I have hypothyroidism and I even visited my doctor last summer when even when eating 1300 or so calories per day (plus eating exercise calories back) I could not drop any weight (my second plateau). She said that my TSH levels were in the normal range and would not change my meds (grrr). I still contend that some people (small frames like me) need a higher dose, but I couldn't convince her- I think she just saw that I was a healthy weight and decided I didn't need to lose more (but mathematically it didn't make sense for me not to be losing). Just annoying that she was deciding that I was "thin enough". Anyway I digress- after that I lowered my calories even more, and started doing intervals when I worked out. That broke that plateau. My final 10 pounds took, no joke, about 6 months to lose. My body just didn't want to give it up. Now for the hard part- maintenance! Don't give up- it will happen. Try different things if you are stuck- something has to work eventually. I have heard intermittent fasting can work to break a plateau although I've never tried it. I was afraid I would just end up binging.
  • plectrum29
    plectrum29 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    awesome! Looking Fab...way to go.
  • 22Brentwoodgirl
    22Brentwoodgirl Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Fantastic results for your very hard work! Congrats and thanks for the inspiration. The last 10 pounds can be tough.
  • Melissapaige1
    Melissapaige1 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the helpful tips! Congratulations again :smiley:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!