Cottage cheese?

Options
2»

Replies

• racheljonel
    racheljonel Posts: 400 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I add about 50 grams in with my scrambed eggs (2 or 3 whole eggs) before I cook them....it makes the eggs really creamy and delicious!

I buy full-fat cottage cheese (4%). Tastes better and not that much calorie difference. And I tend to prefer generic/store brands over Kraft or Borden or name brands!
  • GYATagain
    GYATagain Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    1/4 cup of 4% cottage cheese on my salads instead of dressing, on baked potato instead of butter, with salsa for my celery & carrots, mixed with black beans, tomatoes, avocado for a dip, by itself with a tomato, in 1/2 an avocado, with fresh pineapple and many times just plain ole' cottage cheese.
  • Strappleberrysoul
    Strappleberrysoul Posts: 5 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I like to add frozen berries with cottage cheese (optional add your sweetener) and blend it away! Its my replacement for ice cream/frozen yogurt. or a shake if you add almond milk :)

I also make pancakes or waffles. 1/3 old fashion oats blended or (the oat flour) 1/3 cottage cheese, 1/3 egg whites, vanilla extract or cinnamon, baking powder. Blend and you got your mix. Sound weird, but its delicious.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    I have never considered cottage cheese to be a sweet food. (peaches and cream? So nasty.) I like to get Dean's cottage cheese with chives and use it as dip for crackers or spread it on bread
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    bf uses pepper or other savory stuff.
    i use jam/jelly. they can be savory too

i've been reading that you can blend it and add some greek yogurt. it is supposed to be cream cheesey
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,631 Member
    Options
    simmoner4 wrote: »
    All great ideas thank you! Do y'all get fat free or full/low fat? I don't really know anything about what is best in regard to that.

I get the 1% no salt added. I've come to really look forward to my nightly bowl with mixed in protein powder. I get kind of annoyed when my market is out of the cottage cheese and I'm running out at home. :)
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    I like mine with a soft boiled egg, salt and pepper. Mix it all together and it's a protein powerhouse. I always do full fat everything as I find that the higher the fat content, the more satiating.
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Everything.

Salsa, mixing it with eggs and making an omelet, using it as cheese in salad with some salt and pepper, mixing it with canned tuna/salmon and mustard, pomegranate seeds, pineapple and vanilla protein powder, frozen peaches and a peppermint tea bag (it's cheaper than buying dried mint spice), mixed with flavored Greek yogurt, mixed with PB2 and frozen/heated.

I like getting the 1-2%. 0% tastes too watery and sour.