Do you think this is a good plan for me?

Options
I am 5'4" and weigh 120lbs, my goal is 110lbs. Since April I have been doing the 1,2000 calorie diet with no treat days and a lot of restriction, but I want to start a lifestyle plan...something I can stick with for a while. Is eating 1,200 calories six days a week, 2,000 one day as a "treat day", and eating whatever for special events a good plan?

Replies

• noon1200
    noon1200 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    No, because you don't need to lose weight.

Congrats on reaching a healthy weight for your height! Stick with whatever the app tells you need to maintain your weight, and don't worry if it fluctuates up or down five pounds.

Maybe you could take up a new hobby if you're bored?
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    No, because you don't need to lose weight.

Congrats on reaching a healthy weight for your height! Stick with whatever the app tells you need to maintain your weight, and don't worry if it fluctuates up or down five pounds.

Maybe you could take up a new hobby if you're bored?

lol. This.
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I popped your stats into a TDEE calculator, it says your maintenance is 2400 cal/day, if you do no exercise.

I assure you that you can eat 2000 calories a day. Your weight may flex up and down a bit, particularly when it's that time of month, but it's a lifestyle you can maintain. You may even continue to lose a little weight, and firm up.

You are young. You can set a habit for life, and do it healthily.

Congratulations!
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    PS you most assuredly do NOT look like a monster.
  • jennontheroad
    jennontheroad Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    you are at a healthy weight. 1200 calories is no way to live! If you want to change your body more, focus on fitness goals. Weightlifting to build muscle, yoga for flexibility, cardio for your heart or stress reduction, etc.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

I assure you that you can eat 2000 calories a day. Your weight may flex up and down a bit, particularly when it's that time of month, but it's a lifestyle you can maintain. You may even continue to lose a little weight, and firm up.

Congratulations!

this!

if you are still not 100% happy with your body, do some strength training to 'tone up' a bit.
  • j6o4
    j6o4 Posts: 871 Member
    Options

Congratulations!

this!

if you are still not 100% happy with your body, do some strength training to 'tone up' a bit.

agree