Affordable workout gear

Options
Just wondering where some of you guys get your workout gear, clothes ect. I don't have 40.00 for each pair of workout pants, anyone got any go to places they like to stock up on fun stuff to workout in that is affordable either in store or online?
I've already tried walmart and their selection was pretty minuscule.

Replies

• pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    I don't know what country you are in (probably US, because of the Walmart reference). In in Australia and Target, Kmart and BigW all have pretty reasonable tights/leggings/pants. Most of my tops come from races. Bras and shoes I spend big on, to get the ones that will work, but I'm happy to buy bargain pants and tops, they are still reasonable material.
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Eastbay is my go-to for tops and compression bottoms (link). I'll buy when they go on sale: 2 for $19.99 with free shipping.

For training/running shorts, I go to the Nike outlet and grab stuff on clearance.
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    I look for sales (Kohls, Target) and stock up when I can. I also have a Gabriel Brother's near me (not sure how national that is), which have some amazing finds for very cheap. I got a nice pair of yoga pants with a very small hole in them (near the bottom of one of the legs, not noticable) for $7 and a pair of running tights (in perfect condition as far as I have found) for $9- been using both for a while with no issue. I like going there because my size is changing so much that I need to replace my clothes and don't spend a lot of money doing it. Gabe's gets like misprints, small imperfections, overstocks, etc. and sells them super cheap- even name brands.

I also have several shirts from races, like @pebble4321 .

Bras are my biggest problem- haven't found many that I like so I double/triple bra to keep things together until I need to buy another. It doesn't bother me too much to do that for now, but when I lose a little more, I will need to purchase one (which will be $40ish bucks from what I have seen in my size). Haven't found a good alternative yet.
  • WickedPineapple
    WickedPineapple Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    I get most of my workout clothing from TJ Maxx or the sale rack at Kohl's.
  • tdeaux
    tdeaux Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I have had great luck at TJ Maxx, in the clearance section. I recently discovered Gordman's has really affordable gear and decent brands. I bought tights, top and a new bra for $25 the other day there.
  • blondie_mfp
    blondie_mfp Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I usually buy more expensive pants and bras (outlet/sale from under armour or athleta), but for tops old navy can be inexpensive, especially when the whole store is 40% off!
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of workout wear from Costco. Good quality.
  • takobutt
    takobutt Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    you can always shop online
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    TJMaxx is where I Get 90% of my clothing- nice stuff- underarmor, nike, adidas wahtever. Good stuff for 1/3 the price.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    All my workout clothes are from goodwill. All items in very good condition, sometimes new when they get close outs from dept stores. Look for the activewear rack. Selection can be hit or miss on any given day, so go back often.
  • tahxirez
    tahxirez Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I get a lot on clearance from Dick's or Kohl's. Not sure where you are in size range but since I've lost I'm able to shop the kids section and that saves mega bucks!
  • filovirus76
    filovirus76 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    TJ Maxx, Ross, Marshals, Goodwill, Costco, Nike/Adidas/UnderArmour/Asics outlet stores, Clearance at Big5, Target.
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Old Navy when there's a sale or look in the clearance section
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I got a pair of wicking shirts from the Columbia outlet and wear a pair of Mountain Hardware men's M shorts. It is super comfortable. I'm too unmotivated to get other clothes, so I literally wash them every day. I do have to go the Columbia outlet sometime between now and mid-May. I'm hoping to find some new shirts there, but who knows. I said that the last time in November too.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    used on ebay. tj maxx. walmart.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    Just wondering where some of you guys get your workout gear, clothes ect. I don't have 40.00 for each pair of workout pants, anyone got any go to places they like to stock up on fun stuff to workout in that is affordable either in store or online?

Your Walmart didn't carry Danskin? http://www.walmart.com/search/?query=danskin
    I have several pairs of that.

I'm currently living in some Sonoma yoga pants that I bought from Kohl's when I had a coupon - got them in store and couldn't find a link last time I looked.
  • MarvelGrrl
    MarvelGrrl Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I like to stock up on Under Armour leggings when they're having major holiday sales. Yes, their leggings might be twice the price of say walmart, but you can't see my panties through them :D and they are the only brand I've found that stay up from start to finish in yoga. I got a few pairs around Christmas for less than half off :smile: They also last and have kept nice.

I have some tops from danskin, walmart, that are amazing and I wish I had stocked up on since they sold out quickly and haven't been restocked. The important thing I've found is to stock up on something you like when it's on sale.

Ebay has also been great for finding Nike Pros and some under armour gear at a huge discount and brand new. Just read reviews of sellers before you bid. I've had great luck there.

Signing up for online newsletters for some places like Old Navy will get you a nice discount on your initial order.
    Clearance or outlet sections are also great for deals.
  • Diamond1014
    Diamond1014 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    pebble4321 wrote: »
    I don't know what country you are in (probably US, because of the Walmart reference). In in Australia and Target, Kmart and BigW all have pretty reasonable tights/leggings/pants. Most of my tops come from races. Bras and shoes I spend big on, to get the ones that will work, but I'm happy to buy bargain pants and tops, they are still reasonable material.

it's funny you say that, I do live in the US, but I'm from Australia haha. Been living here for 8 years now :) thanks for the ideas!
  • carmkizzle
    carmkizzle Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Danskin Now from Walmart (tops starting at around $7 , bottoms starting at around $12), and they're also carrying a line of workout clothes from AVIA that are pretty cute and affordable (can get tops from $6 on up). Even if it's slim pickings at the Walmart you went to, they should still have the basics, no? If you can travel to them or even have more than one location in your area, perhaps try checking out multiple locations.
  • Diamond1014
    Diamond1014 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

Your Walmart didn't carry Danskin? http://www.walmart.com/search/?query=danskin
    I have several pairs of that.

I'm currently living in some Sonoma yoga pants that I bought from Kohl's when I had a coupon - got them in store and couldn't find a link last time I looked.

They did but only 2 pairs of the capris, were in my size (L) everything else was xs and xxl lol guess i was out of luck that day, im currently washing my stuff daily so I can hit the gym every day. Just becomes inconvenient