Options
13»

Replies

• Kristie354
    Kristie354 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    fishshark wrote: »
    i am a 34 DDD (american) and honestly i gotta double up most of thr time

I'm seeing this seems to be the way to go. My back is not good either now so even if I try to run it hurts. Maybe reduction sooner than planned is the key? I'm worried though about how much I'll lose off my boobs if I have a reduction while I'm still losing weight.

• lesleyloo7879
    lesleyloo7879 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I use 2 Sports Bras to #tamethetitties but when I was an Engineman in the Navy I would wrap the girls with an Ace Bandage over my sports bra... sometimes I had to squeeze in small places so the girls had to go away.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I'm a 32E (DDD) and I wear a Wacoal sports bra. I really love it.http://www.amazon.com/Wacoal-Womens-Underwire-Sport-Bra/dp/B001ULCBG4
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I'm having a real challenge finding a good bra to start running with because of some rotator cuff (shoulder) issues. Yesterday I tried to try on a sports bra and got stuck. It was around my shoulders and I couldn't get it off without causing significant shoulder pain. I finally wiggled free but was real close to yelling for help.

Can anyone recommend a good front-close for 42C?

When I had my frozen shoulder last year, I found the front-close Under Armor bras to be an absolute godsend.
  • Kristie354
    Options
    I use 2 Sports Bras to #tamethetitties but when I was an Engineman in the Navy I would wrap the girls with an Ace Bandage over my sports bra... sometimes I had to squeeze in small places so the girls had to go away.

I've heard of women doing this to #tamethetitties Does it hurt when you unwrap?

#howmanyguysarestalkingthisthread? #yeahyou #lol
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    I'm not overly abundant up top, but my boobies don't like to jiggle too much when I run, so I wear two sports bras...sometimes I'll even put a sport compression top on top of that...Once you find the right bras and/or combination, you'll be just fine :)
  • Kristie354
    Options
    @JustMissTracy I'm going to have a party once I sort this out and actually find good bras that fit me.
  • Hjaye7512
    Hjaye7512 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I have DDD's and have yet to find a good sports bra so I wear a tight full supportive bra for now ..
  • amyk0202
    amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Before I bought a good sports bra, I was wearing 3 of the stretch over the head compression type bras. They did not stop the bounce & seriously made it hard to breathe. I would recommend an Enell.

I have a Shock Absorber Women's Multi Sport Max Support Sports Bra. When I bought it I was a 34J & got a 34HH since it was the biggest cup they made. I could get it on with spillage in the cleavage & arm holes, but it did a pretty good job holding everything still. There was still some bounce, but not a lot & it wasn't painful.

Since then I've lost weight & ~4.5" in my ribcage & 2" in my bust. I fit better in the Shock Absorber now. I don't know if I stretched it out, but it does not do as good a job now. I am not a runner, but I used to be able to get on a rebounder (mini trampoline) & jump around & it would work. Now, I cannot do that in this bra.

So, I would definitely recommend an Enell over the Shock Absorber, but if you decide to get a Shock Absorber, maybe size down in the cup for maximum compression.

The other reason I like the Enell is the front closure. I am not flexible & the ONLY way I can put on a back hook bra is to hook it in the front, twist it around & raise it up over my chest to get my arms in. The Shock Absorber has an extra hook above the regular set in the back. I have a really hard time getting into it--lots of contortion, pulling, & squishing.
  • Kristie354
    Options
    amyk0202 wrote: »
    Before I bought a good sports bra, I was wearing 3 of the stretch over the head compression type bras. They did not stop the bounce & seriously made it hard to breathe. I would recommend an Enell.

I have a Shock Absorber Women's Multi Sport Max Support Sports Bra. When I bought it I was a 34J & got a 34HH since it was the biggest cup they made. I could get it on with spillage in the cleavage & arm holes, but it did a pretty good job holding everything still. There was still some bounce, but not a lot & it wasn't painful.

Since then I've lost weight & ~4.5" in my ribcage & 2" in my bust. I fit better in the Shock Absorber now. I don't know if I stretched it out, but it does not do as good a job now. I am not a runner, but I used to be able to get on a rebounder (mini trampoline) & jump around & it would work. Now, I cannot do that in this bra.

So, I would definitely recommend an Enell over the Shock Absorber, but if you decide to get a Shock Absorber, maybe size down in the cup for maximum compression.

The other reason I like the Enell is the front closure. I am not flexible & the ONLY way I can put on a back hook bra is to hook it in the front, twist it around & raise it up over my chest to get my arms in. The Shock Absorber has an extra hook above the regular set in the back. I have a really hard time getting into it--lots of contortion, pulling, & squishing.

That's awesome information. Thanks so much!!
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    i used an ace bandage when i was younger and in sports.. works like a charm!
  • trjjoy
    trjjoy Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I just ran a 5kay this morning and I wore three regular bras. They're just regular, non-fancy pants bras. Not exercise types. I was fine. And I'm blessed with above average sized puppies.
  • RobertaFlaherty
    RobertaFlaherty Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hy there I am new to this site - but I am a 34 G and wear Panache sports bra too - great support, comfortable and give you a good shape - no monoboob ..... I was a Freya fan before that. My only negative comment is that if I wanted to wear it as a racer back (which you can) it is too tight for me. I would love a bra to suit all the racer back tops - or that manufacturer's would make normal tops to cover bras straps - I' a bit old fashioned!!!!
  • astrdomitter
    astrdomitter Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I had my reduction last May and it as been awesome. I can't believe I waited so long. It was a 40th birthday present from my husband. You will be so happy. #icanseemytoesforthefirsttimeever
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    sucampbeN wrote: »

This I am a 34F and this is by far the best I have found. I can play rugby and roller derby without a boob popping out or bouncing like basketballs.
  • Kristie354
    Options
    I had my reduction last May and it as been awesome. I can't believe I waited so long. It was a 40th birthday present from my husband. You will be so happy. #icanseemytoesforthefirsttimeever

Sounds like bliss! That's one way to #tamethetitties. My husband doesn't approve or willingly participate in helping me with a reduction lol
    pbprincess wrote: »
    sucampbeN wrote: »

This I am a 34F and this is by far the best I have found. I can play rugby and roller derby without a boob popping out or bouncing like basketballs.

I love rugby! Played most of my life and can't wait until I'm fit enough to play again.
  • Kristie354
    Options
    Omg I think I've found a sports bra that fits