Top heavy girls - help

Options
2»

Replies

• Spuffz
    Spuffz Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    yr5yw0gbgqmh.jpg

I can minimize my boobs quite well when I want to, but here you go.....
  • Clarewho
    Clarewho Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Shock Absorber Ultimate Run Bra. In fact I just noticed I'm wearing one in my profile pic. I'm only an E/F cup now but was as high as a G before weight loss and I can definitely say these are by far the best I've had. The particular model I use has a racer back so you don't have the shoulder straps digging in as much.
  • misstweedy
    misstweedy Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    38DD here, I cycle and used to do horseback riding which can get pretty bouncy. I use Triumph TriStar and Marks & Spencers own-brand sports bras are also pretty good. I prefer bras with underwires and get the highest support level available.
  • Duchy82
    Duchy82 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Bravissimo is the place to look, my friend just got a 34J sports bra from there not cheap but in her words very good
  • Spuffz
    Spuffz Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Thanks all, I've got a gorgeous stretch of about 6 miles of sea wall literally behind my house and I long to jog down it watching the sunrise over the sea! Shopping time!
  • shaken2010
    shaken2010 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    This is really good to know. It's hard to find a great bra out there for running.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    Duchy82 wrote: »
    Bravissimo is the place to look, my friend just got a 34J sports bra from there not cheap but in her words very good

agreed its pricey. they have a sale on right now though
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I switched brands this year to Berlei bras. They're a UK company. I wear a 36 DD now but was a 38 J when I started losing weight.

They're the official bra company of several athletics teams, and the bread are so comfortable and supportive that I pay to have them shipped to the US from the UK with no qualms.

I've tried almost every brand of large cup bras and never had bras that were this amazing.

I suggest you buy directly from Berlei. The resellers have smaller selections and higher prices.
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    I really think you have to be properly fitted at first before you can order on line. Sizes are not standardized. I hope you can find a local shop where they offer this service. Most of the big department stores usually offer this. It will make a huge difference to you to get the right foundation garments.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Spuffz wrote: »
    yr5yw0gbgqmh.jpg

I can minimize my boobs quite well when I want to, but here you go.....

Ah, now I see it!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    movingcomfort.com has some great ones. Lane Bryant has some pretty decent ones too.
  • mobogogo
    mobogogo Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Girl i feel you i am a 34H too ... The best bra for heavier chested women in the UK and Ireland i think is either marks and spencers or littlewoods or shaws (if you have shaws in the UK) you can buy online or in store, those bras save my life! I can actually run without getting a blackeye hehe
  • khoshgeleh16
    khoshgeleh16 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm a 36H, so I feel your pain! My absolute favourite bra is the Panache Sport (underwired version) -- it's the first bra that allowed me to run without pain or bouncing, and it got me through a half-marathon comfortably. I've now got a sizeable collection because I love it so much! You can get them at Bravissimo, Figleaves, or LessBounce.

Other brands to consider that are widely available in the UK in a 34H:
    -- Freya Active (I have one of the underwired ones; it's supportive but I don't like the shape, too pointy!)
    -- Royce (non-wired)
    -- Shock Absorber (I have a few non-wired ones for lifting, and the Flexiwire underwired one for running; it compresses really well, though I find the wires quite high under my armpits)
    -- Bravissimo Inspire (underwired; haven't personally tried one but I've heard good things about the new version)
  • amyk0202
    amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    tomteboda wrote: »
    I switched brands this year to Berlei bras. They're a UK company. I wear a 36 DD now but was a 38 J when I started losing weight.

They're the official bra company of several athletics teams, and the bread are so comfortable and supportive that I pay to have them shipped to the US from the UK with no qualms.

I've tried almost every brand of large cup bras and never had bras that were this amazing.

I suggest you buy directly from Berlei. The resellers have smaller selections and higher prices.

I'm disappointed. I just looked at these & some of them look nice & like they would have potential, but they max out at G cup :/ .