what should i do with my fitbit - new workout today

Options
tonight i'm trying orange theory, which apparently uses a personal heart rate monitor and tracks you the whole hour. after looking at everything i can find online it will tell me how many calories i burn during the workout. so, should i leave my fitbit on to get the steps since there is apparently a lot of treadmill stuff? or take it off and only go with calories from the heart rate monitor? or some combo of the 2? ive never done anything that uses a heart rate monitor

thanks!

Replies

• kgj4105
    kgj4105 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    In that case, I'd probably leave the fitbit on to keep track of steps, and make a note of calories burned according to the hr monitor and use that number for logging in your exercise log. if you have to, you should be able to find a way to override or delete the calories burned according to the fitbit if any 'double tracking' happens (i'm assuming here; I can do it with my garmin but I've no experience with fitbits).
  • mumfy23
    mumfy23 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    use the heart rate number but be sure to put in the time that you worked out. This overrides the double counting from the fitbit.
  • slickmickey
    slickmickey Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    mumfy23 wrote: »
    use the heart rate number but be sure to put in the time that you worked out. This overrides the double counting from the fitbit.

thank you much! i wasnt sure if it would over-ride or if i had to figure stuff out. mondays are not good for figuring... lol