Logging food

I have noticed on some people logs where it says Calories, Carbs, Protein, ect...... that where it says carbs, some peoples say Net Cabs, mine only says carbs. How can I get MFP to say Net Carbs. Its really hard to figure out my Net Carbs. Like today its saying I have already used 24 carbs today, but I know I have not consumed 24 Net carbs today. I am new at this and need some help.

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    They're using a 3rd party add - in or script if showing net carbs.
  • danna71
    danna71 Posts: 12 Member
    So how can i know the exact number of net carbs I am eating, like I said its saying I have eat 24g of carbs, don't how to tell how much of that is net carbs. I so want to do this right.
  • danna71
    danna71 Posts: 12 Member
    I am doing low carb diet
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,120 Member
    Net carbs is often (total carbs) - (dietary fiber) - (sugar alcohols). So, for instance, if I ate a protein bar that has 30g total carbs, 15g of dietary fiber, and 5g of sugar alcohols, the net carbs would be 10g.

MFP doesn't have a macro/micro for sugar alcohols, and that's where I often get into big trouble when calculating my insulin doses (I do it based off net carbs). If a food is high in sugar alcohols and I forget to account for it, I could give myself too much insulin and risk a low blood sugar. What I often do for this is find an entry that notes that the sugar alcohols have been taken from the total carbs (such as "Quest Nutrition 2016 formula -White Chocolate Raspberry -Minus sugar alc."). Many user entries are net carbs also (the person subtracted both dietary fiber and sugar alcohols), so it's possible to use only those entries as a way to get around the carbs macro being total carbs.