Your favorite brand of cottage cheese?

Francl27
Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
I'm a bit in a cottage cheese kick right now, I started with Friendship and got some Daisy this time, and but I admit that Friendship was tastier. What's everyone's favorite brand? I don't mind trying store brand, so I'm open to that too (I only have Shop Rite/Wegmans/Acme/Target/Trader Joe's in the area though).

I've only bought full fat though (I know some brands don't seem to come in full fat) and I wonder if 2% makes a huge difference? I couldn't seem to find no sodium added versions in full fat either.

Replies

• Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    edited March 2016
    Friendship California Style is the tastiest, imo. The blandest is Axel 4%. Shoprite brand is decent and always on sale.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,959 Member
    edited March 2016
    No Name! Lol. My stores don't sell higher than 2% unfortunately.
  • basschick
    basschick Posts: 3,502 Member
    I like Friendship no salt added cottage cheese.
  • wisenbsd
    wisenbsd Posts: 87 Member
    breakstone 2% cups, perfect size and taste
  • Somebody_Loved
    Somebody_Loved Posts: 498 Member
    Darigold 2% is my absolute favorite. I've tried Daisy and Trader Joe's, also, but don't like either near as much.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Breakstone is my favorite.
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    I usually get the store brand.
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Breakstones is my favorite too. The 2% small curd. Around here, Costco sells it super cheap. 3 pounds for $4.50. BJs has the 8 pack of the small cups, $4.99 and also a 2 pound container, $3.69, and there's a $1.50 off coupon off at BJs starting Thursday. I just bought the 2 lb one today. I'm on a cottage cheese and a fruit kick for my nighttime snack right now.
  • GrinnyMae
    GrinnyMae Posts: 55 Member
    I actually really like the Fiber One cottage cheese. It doesn't have as much liquid as some brands and I think it has a good taste and the added fiber doesn't hurt. It can be hard to find though.
  • heatherwartanyan
    heatherwartanyan Posts: 66 Member
    Organic valley small curd whole milk
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    edited March 2016
    Just finished eating some Breakstone 4%. Its really good and thick. I got some Daisy cottage cheese a few weeks ago and did not like the flavor and texture at all.
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,120 Member
    Breakstone 2%. I'm cheap though and have been experimenting with store brand cottage cheese -so far, I don't really care for Food Lion 1%, but it's edible.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,722 Member
    Lucerne 1% no salt added. I probably don't need to watch my sodium but I like to anyway. :)
  • Francl27
    MamaFunky wrote: »
    Just finished eating some Breakstone 4%. Its really good and thick. I got some Daisy cottage cheese a few weeks ago and did not like the flavor and texture at all.

I couldn't find Breakstone 4% at Shop Rite sadly! I might try the 2% next time, or the Shop Rite version, but yeah I won't buy Daisy again (will still finish it though).
  • crystalewhite
    crystalewhite Posts: 422 Member
    Second on the Lucerne! In north Texas we get ours at Tom Thumb (which is a Safeway/United store).
  • Francl27
    I'm not sure I can find Lucerne here.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,722 Member
    Yeah, I think Lucerne is a Vons/Pavillion's/Safeway brand. So, not a big help but at least that means there's more for me and crystal! :)
  • minizebu
    minizebu Posts: 2,716 Member
    Clover Stornetta Farms
  • Francl27
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I'm a bit in a cottage cheese kick right now, I started with Friendship and got some Daisy this time, and but I admit that Friendship was tastier. What's everyone's favorite brand? I don't mind trying store brand, so I'm open to that too (I only have Shop Rite/Wegmans/Acme/Target/Trader Joe's in the area though).

I've only bought full fat though (I know some brands don't seem to come in full fat) and I wonder if 2% makes a huge difference? I couldn't seem to find no sodium added versions in full fat either.

Get a block of farmers cheese. Mix that to your desired preference with greek yogurt. Thank me later :)

I don't know where I'd find farmers cheese either.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Food Club. It's the generic/non-name brand at my Acme. It's the only one I really like. I prefer 4% large curd. I eat it for lunch 3-4 times a week.