is anyone still mentoring?

Options
Is anyone still doing the mentor thing? I checked the board and the last post was from like Dec. 2015. So if anyone is still looking to mentor someone, I'm looking for someone to educate me more on fitness and nutrition.

A little bit more about me, I turn 21 in Aug, and I'm 5'8'' and weigh 165 lbs size 10 jeans, and I am a smoker. I live in Indiana. I started my journey to a better me about 2-3 weeks ago and have been determined to not burn out on it! So I am eating better than what I was, drinking more water, and I even quit having my super sugary starbucks drinks and switched to black coffee only! and etc, etc. I haven't started working out yet. I am not looking to lose weight fast, just to be healthier in general. My goal weight over the course of the year would be around 140-145 if that's realistic.

So, I'm just looking for someone that can help steer me in the right position with questions I have as they come up, and help me out along the way until I feel more confident that I have good knowledge instead of googling everything and still being unsure. I don't need someone to answer instantly after I ask a question, but I am hoping to find someone that won't take too long to answer either.

So if you could be my almighty great mentor, please let me know! I promise I won't annoy you, I just am genuinely wanting to learn more about all this!

Replies

• galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I can mentor, but just to warn you, I will cut through *kitten* advice that's out there and only stick with the science based facts. Feel free to message / friend, I'd be happy to help.
  • kandell
    kandell Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I could do with a mentor as well! I need some serious help putting together a food/fitness plan that will be maintainable long-term...