Can't stop!!

Options
I can't stop eating rubbish

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Many people with compulsive eating/binge issues have found therapy to be quite helpful. I'm not sure where you live in the world, but there may be resources available in your area to help.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,058 Member
    Options
    Whether you think you can or you think you can't - you're right.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    You have to want to lose weight more than the 'rubbish'. That's the bottom line.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    How does that work exactly? Do you hold yourself down and force feed yourself crap?
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    What's your definition of "rubbish"?

You don't have to cut out everything you enjoy eating in order to lose weight, you just have to eat less of it. (In some cases, MUCH less! But that's what MFP is for - to help you figure out how much you can eat.)
  • kezza2112
    kezza2112 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I hear ya. I eat rubbish too. I want to stop but my will power is just not there. And once I get a wee bit of rubbish in my gob, its so damn hard to stop!!!
  • dmack073082
    dmack073082 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You need to create a vision board of where you want to be in one year. Put it somewhere near the fridge to help remind you to stay away from rubbish. I struggled with the same thing but trust me after you have a health scare or have a doctor tell you to lose or else, you will realize that rubbish is not worth eating in abundance.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    I'm in recovery for an eating disorder but still struggle with night binging. I feel so powerless over the compulsion. I undo all of my good work from the day.
  • dmack073082
    dmack073082 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Try going to bed earlier to resist temptation.
  • cupcakesplz
    cupcakesplz Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    You need to create a vision board of where you want to be in one year. Put it somewhere near the fridge to help remind you to stay away from rubbish. I struggled with the same thing but trust me after you have a health scare or have a doctor tell you to lose or else, you will realize that rubbish is not worth eating in abundance.
    I like the idea of a vision board! How about a board with pics of health food you like to eat and a picture of your dream clothes.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Yes you can. You just haven't found a good enough reason yet.

I know this sounds mean, but it's really the truth.
  • nadler64
    nadler64 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Yes you can. You just haven't found a good enough reason yet.

I know this sounds mean, but it's really the truth.

This. Along with, as one poster said above, "whether you think you can or you think you can't - you're right."

Counseling is in order to figure out why you sabotage yourself.