High carb meals

Options
Any ideas on high carb meals? I'm new to tracking macros but always fall short with carbs. When I try to meet them I end up going over my protein or fats. Still learning determined to get it down but any advice on meals that are high in carbs? Any advice on tracking and hitting all macros without going over on one? Recipes welcomed!!!!

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    You don't have to meet the carbohydrate goal -- it's more like a suggested limit.

But if you want to include more carbohydrates in your diet -- beans, grains (including pasta and bread), fruits, and vegetables like corn and peas are a great source.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    For me, over on protein and fat is my goal... I don't even care about carbs.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,132 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

This. ^^

Carbs will fall where they may after I've hit my Protein/Fat goals. I don't really need a lot of carbs.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Considering MFP's protein goals tend to be quite low, the carb goals tend to end up high.

In other words, you're probably fine.
  • Cynsonya
    Cynsonya Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

This ^

But I do find if I eat a nice bean soup I'm satisfied and those are the only days I do hit my carb macro.
  • Jterra10
    Jterra10 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Nice! Thank you guys for your input! I'll focus more on proteins and fats! (:
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    As the others said, carbs just fall into place. If you're lifting heavy and you have strength goals, then carbs matter more. But for everyone else, focus on protein and fats.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    There are no essential carbs. Generally the lower the better. Carbs = Sugar = Fat gain, Diabetes.... Keep them under 100 grams/day for health and fat loss.
  • robin_spooner
    robin_spooner Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    How about steamed rice with cooked broccoli and corn. To keep it very low fat, I make a Dijon mustard/lemon juice dressing and mix it in.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    High carb = high sugar = no fat loss. Set macros 15c/20p/65f. All better! :)