Started today. Can use advice and friends

Hello. Happy to be here. Started my diet and exercise program today. I have a treadmill and did 2 miles on it, which was hard. I am watching what I eat now and walking to start. I have a bicycle and dumbells to start later on. I need friends for accountability on a daily basis, to ask questions, get advice. How do people communicate with each other here? Kik? Email? Thanks.

Replies

• Sherriediva1
    Sherriediva1 Posts: 345 Member
    Hi there and welcome! When you say watching you mean logging right? Feel free to add me. Go to friends and put in the username of the person you want to add and it will send a request. Also, make sure to read through "must reads" on the community home tab. Have a great week :)
  • Madisonbee3
    Madisonbee3 Posts: 4 Member
    Hiya and welcome! Congrats on the 2 miles, it may be harder now but it's worth it! I would love to be your friend and I'm great at advice lol ☺
  • Dbai99
    Dbai99 Posts: 1 Member
    I started today too. Ate well, and did my walk. But now I am so hungry!!
  • cupcakesplz
    cupcakesplz Posts: 237 Member
    Hi and welcome all!
    I started MFP back in August and lost 13kg. I then took a break and I am now back to lose more.
    The first week is Hard! You will feel hungry, but push though it!
    This time around I am changing my diet a bit. I am doing a high fat and low carb diet, in hoping that I can eat three meals a day with no snacks. Also the low carb and high fat diet (LCHF) should balance my sugar levels, I find my sugar levels get very low and this causes me to eat more sugary foods
  • cupcakesplz
    cupcakesplz Posts: 237 Member
    You can add me as a friend
  • julia0427
    julia0427 Posts: 64 Member
    I'm always open to new friends!! More the merrier.
  • rkcampbell
    rkcampbell Posts: 188 Member
    Feel free to add me!!
  • KMGetsFit
    KMGetsFit Posts: 14 Member
    Welcome! You can message through the app, that's how I communicate with partners bi would love to be a part of your team
  • valente347
    valente347 Posts: 201 Member
    If you're here to get rid of fat, my advice is to focus the most on your calories rather than exercise. Consistently eat at or below your calorie goal and be as accurate as you can on your food intake.

And don't give up.
  • AR10at50
    AR10at50 Posts: 1,624 Member
    Way to go, starting your new rig ram with a walk on the treadmill!! You are welcome to add me, I also joined the one to lose 50 pounds. Take all of the friends you can get, they are a lot of help!
  • cassybubby
    cassybubby Posts: 37 Member
    Feel free to add me as a friend, I'm always looking for more people to interact with and have us encourage each other :)