40's+ Needing to loose 30 or more.

Options
Wondering how many people that are a little older and getting healthy.
I have lost a lot of weight but still have 30 or so to go. I feel better than I did when I was in my late 20's and 30's and able to do so much more.
I ride bike a lot and do cardio at the YMCA, just added a weight room to my house so want to transition over to lifting.

Introduce yourself and let us know where you are at in your journey.

Replies

• theconnertys
    theconnertys Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    45, have 35-30# to go, down currently a bit over 20#. I mountain bike, road ride on occasion, and hit the gym 3-5 times a week for both cardio and weights. So there you go...enjoying the transition to a healthier me.
  • mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    43 (a few months away from 44). Was over 250 in November. Spent lots of time in the gym, eating to lose ~2 lbs a week...and am now ar 212 or so. Aiming for 195ish....
  • 4Kayakers
    4Kayakers Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I'm 40...have about 40-50 lbs to lose and need the support on here to keep going. I have the motivation....I workout before in leave for work every morning and if there isnt too many activities focused on the kids after dinner, then I will workout at night as well. My main focus is strength training combined with biking and rowing.
  • kellylynnephotography
    kellylynnephotography Posts: 3 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I just turned 48 and had a failed spine surgery in September. So I am trying to work my way back to being strong without impacting my lumbar spine. I'm doing pretty good. It's nice to meet you
  • kellylynnephotography
    Options
    I just turned 48 and had a failed spine surgery in September. So I am trying to work my way back and should be strong without impacting my lumbar spine. I'm doing pretty good. It's nice to meet you

• dbkyser
    dbkyser Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Glad to see others this age group making changes and getting healthy.
  • JUknowPK
    JUknowPK Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    43, lost 19 lbs with 30 to go
  • dbkyser
    dbkyser Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    JUknowPK wrote: »
    43, lost 19 lbs with 30 to go

Great job, keep it up.
  • SaraD72
    SaraD72 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm 43 and need to lose 120-130 pounds. I'm a stay-at-home wife and mom of two girls 14 and 12. I've used MFP for a couple of years now, but have gotten frustrated a quit. Every time I quit, I gain more weight, so I really need to stick to it this time around. I walk for exercise and want to add strength training.
  • Odiaa
    Odiaa Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am 41 and I just started MFP a few days ago but I started losing weight 3 weeks ago. I need to lose at least 230 pounds. I let myself get way out of shape over the last 15 years. This is my first real attempt at losing weight.
  • gnu4liberty
    gnu4liberty Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I am 64 and have MS. I have a 5 day streak and am feeling good about that. I use a walker inside and a scooter or wheelchair outside. I am looking to lose 45 lbs. I am glad for the company.
  • dhallman
    dhallman Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 41 with 60 pounds to loose - just getting started - and desperate to succeed!
  • gnu4liberty
    gnu4liberty Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Still doing well. I went grocery shopping and noticed how radically different my purchases were from my norm. I got red grapefruit, apples, etc. I am feeling optimistic!
  • sandrasue27
    sandrasue27 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 47 and I need to lose 25 more pounds. I wanna lose 30. I have only been at this for just over three weeks. I have dropped 9 pounds so far. I faced my fear and weighed myself to start this process. I was an emotional mess when I looked down at my number on the scale. I am 5'3 and it seems like every pound is stuck like glue. I am going to push myself through this because I want to be healthy again!
  • Maho2011
    Maho2011 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    42 with tens of pounds to lose. I'm not sure where I'll stop LOL. I have Rheumatoid Disease that has resulted in needing some alternate forms of exercise, especially for my upper body. I lost about 70Lbs 4-5 years ago but I did that out of anger at my body among other things. Needless to say I gained some, not all TG, back. This time I'm aiming to do it more mindfully, sustainably and within reasonable limits for me. I only have one body and I need to take care of it best I can.
  • Ani2bfit
    Ani2bfit Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I turned 40 last month and need to release more than 70 lbs... I recently restarted MFP after gaining about 20 lbs in the last 5 years. Have been logging in everyday for the last 2 months and I feel pretty good about that. Hopefully I will start seeing some lbs gone too
  • pinkyleigh73
    pinkyleigh73 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    43 here, I'm trying hard to shed my winter weight of 20lbs. I do cardio, cycling,skating & swimming. I'm currently on a week long body reset (liquid diet). It sucks!
    I've lost #170 so I know it will come off its just a mental struggle right now
  • tlcs68
    tlcs68 Posts: 28 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Hi, I'm 47. I lost 50lbs around 6 or 7 years ago, and for the most part, I've kept it off.. Except for this past year. About 10lbs have crept on, maybe 15. Weight Watchers wasn't working this time around, that's why I started using MFP. I love that I'm back on track and starting to feel better! A new year, a new me!
  • AliceinRealityLand
    AliceinRealityLand Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am forty and have 100 to lose. I have lost less than 10 thus far, but it is helping that the entire household is doing this with me. My husband has more than this to lose, but he is losing so much more doing the same things I am. Nature of the weight loss beast? IDK, but I am taking the one minute at a time concept at first. Make a good choice THIS minute :smiley: Plus, it's so much easier when there is nothing bad in the house.
  • Stinkeymonkey
    Stinkeymonkey Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    48 and need to drop about 15lbs. Once upon a time I was meticulous about exercise and eating habits. Got completely off track and gained 23lbs (which is a lot when you are short!) Logged in today with the decision that I must get back on track if I want to continue to be active as I get older.