Plain Milk flavored ice cream or mock ice cream soft serve style

Options
MinmoInk
MinmoInk Posts: 345 Member
edited March 2016 in Recipes
I'm looking for recipes or products that are barely flavored or unsweetened basic ice cream "milk" or dairy flavor.

Something similar to this product http://www.honeymee.com/

Replies

• LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Your link is for a honey-flavoured ice cream. Which is it you are looking for: "plain" ice cream or honey?
  • MinmoInk
    Options
    aggelikik wrote: »
    Your link is for a honey-flavoured ice cream. Which is it you are looking for: "plain" ice cream or honey?

I believe one of their soft serve varieties is actually "milk" flavored while they put honey comb in it.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    If you have an ice cream maker and plan to consume the ice cream soon after making it, simply using milk with a small amount of sugar will work. Milk, a bit of sugar and vanilla are the ingredients of one of my kids favourite summer desserts. What you get when the ice cream is done is ice-cream textured. But, for the ice cream to not end up being a big milk ice cube after a day in the freezer, you will need some extra sugar, plus either some cream or gelatine.
  • instantmartian
    instantmartian Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Is something like this what you might be looking for? The Only Ice Cream Recipe You’ll Ever Need It looks to me like HoneyMee is just a flavor-less ice cream base topped with their toppings. The link is to a recipe for a typical ice-cream base, and I would think any standard ice cream base would probably suffice for what you're looking for. You can play with the milk to cream ratio, but know that the more milk you add, the more likely you are to get ice crystals formed when your ice cream stored in the freezer if you will not be consuming it right away. HoneyMee's recipe may very well be made from just milk, though, since it's soft-serve and is never really completely frozen.
  • MinmoInk
    Options
    @aggelikik ah okay gotcha!!! I'm totally going to invest in one for the summer!

@instantmartian Oh THANKS great knowledge. This is all good to know. Thank you so much for looking into it for me I appreciate it!