Threw up?

Options
So I went out to lunch with my hubby today and the food just didn't agree with me for whatever reason and most of it came back up about 1/2 an hour later (no, I will not being going back to that restaurant). I had a piece of toast to calm my stomach down and I feel absolutely fine now. I know that it was just that particular meal instead of any kind of virus. I feel like my body can eat normally and do a light workout, but I'm worried if this would fall into the "pushing you body too hard" category. I want to do my weight loss right. I don't want to make excuses, but I also don't want to go too far the other way. Would it be better to take it easy for the rest of the day even if I think I could do an evening workout? Or should I just try the workout and stop if I feel weak?

Replies

• NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you've very realistically assessed how you feel and what is happening with your tummy. Personally, I think I'd go ahead and do a workout and continue to listen to my body, stopping if I needed to. And I think I'd probably go with a lighter workout...just in case, and because I would think I'd be more likely to be able to do it completely without stopping.

And if you find that you do have to stop, do NOT let it make you feel like you did anything wrong, or that you failed. Do what works for today, and remember that one day does not make or break you.
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    I am a miserable human when I vomit. I dunno how you can feel all better after something so awful. :(

I would take it easy. You never know...the vomming could come back. It's not excuse making if you're legitimately ill.

Take care of your health first! :)
  • Donald_Dozier_50
    Donald_Dozier_50 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Good advice :)
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    If you are feeling weak I would take the rest of the day off and hit it hard the next day :)