My protein shake is too caloric

Options
2»

Replies

• Rit1603
    Rit1603 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    vingogly wrote: »
    To get a thick shake, I add a couple of ice cubes and use frozen fruit. Also, a quarter cup of ricotta cheese makes it really thick and rich. With cocoa powder and a frozen banana or frozen strawberries you have yourself a real taste treat. My favorite combination: cup of water, couple of scoops protein powder, two ice cubes, 1/2 to 1 frozen banana or 3/4 to 1 cup frozen berries, 1 tablespoon cocoa powder, 1/4 cup reduced fat ricotta, some stevia if you need it a little sweeter.

My smoothies/shakes tend to run around 300 calories when I have one; pretty hard for me to find a recipe that's really satisfying that's lower in calories.
    vingogly wrote: »
    To get a thick shake, I add a couple of ice cubes and use frozen fruit. Also, a quarter cup of ricotta cheese makes it really thick and rich. With cocoa powder and a frozen banana or frozen strawberries you have yourself a real taste treat. My favorite combination: cup of water, couple of scoops protein powder, two ice cubes, 1/2 to 1 frozen banana or 3/4 to 1 cup frozen berries, 1 tablespoon cocoa powder, 1/4 cup reduced fat ricotta, some stevia if you need it a little sweeter.

My smoothies/shakes tend to run around 300 calories when I have one; pretty hard for me to find a recipe that's really satisfying that's lower in calories.

Thank you i will definitely try these substiturions
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Also, I often use only 20g of powder as opposed to the full scoop of 30-32g. It can shave off a few calories if you don't need the full serving protein wise.
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I cut my bananas in half or thirds. The trick is, cut them with the skin on and only peel the section you're using, then put the rest in a ziploc Baggie in the fridge. I made one today with lean 15 powder, banana, skim milk and three strawberries. Tastes like a milkshake. Yum....
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    You'd faint if you saw my 800ish calorie smoothie lol I'm having one for dinner tonight :lol:
  • Rit1603
    Rit1603 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    You'd faint if you saw my 800ish calorie smoothie lol I'm having one for dinner tonight :lol:

All I can say is that its 939 pm here and of course I am hungry and dreaming about your 800sh smoothie!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Rit1603 wrote: »

All I can say is that its 939 pm here and of course I am hungry and dreaming about your 800sh smoothie!

It is so damn delicious. It's only 12pm here, and I can't wait! Always look forward to my smoothie nights.