Rice protein powder?

Options
rainbowbow
rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
edited March 2016 in Food and Nutrition
Okay, I effed up.

After recently finding out I have lactose intolerance I bought some rice protein powder. Only a pound or so, not a HUGE container of anything... But...

Seriously this tastes like sand. The flavor is fine but the texture is so awful I can't handle it.

Has anyone else tried rice protein and made it taste good? Is t better in other applications like baking? Any suggestions before I just throw out this expensive *kitten* protein is appreciated!

Replies

• becbo22
    becbo22 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I use unflavored brown rice protein. I make a shake with 10oz 1% milk, 2 teaspoons unrefined cane sugar, and 1 teaspoon natural cocoa powder. If you can get one of those protein shaker cups with the little ball inside. I make up my shake before I go to the gym and I keep it in a cooler bag with an ice pack. Then after my workout I shake it up really well again and voila. I think letting it sit for. While helps with the grittiness.
  • rainbowbow
    Options
    becbo22 wrote: »
    I use unflavored brown rice protein. I make a shake with 10oz 1% milk, 2 teaspoons unrefined cane sugar, and 1 teaspoon natural cocoa powder. If you can get one of those protein shaker cups with the little ball inside. I make up my shake before I go to the gym and I keep it in a cooler bag with an ice pack. Then after my workout I shake it up really well again and voila. I think letting it sit for. While helps with the grittiness.

Thanks! I have multiple shakers and I didn't think letting it sit would make a difference. Maybe I'll try that!

My protein powder is chocolate flavored and sweetened. Honestly it's not bad, it's just the texture which is awful especially since I'm switching after using whey for years.
  • becbo22
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »

Thanks! I have multiple shakers and I didn't think letting it sit would make a difference. Maybe I'll try that!

My protein powder is chocolate flavored and sweetened. Honestly it's not bad, it's just the texture which is awful especially since I'm switching after using whey for years.

Rice protein is definitely an acquired taste and texture. I've been using it for a while and it doesn't bother me anymore. Maybe you will get used to it!
  • rainbowbow
    edited March 2016
    Options

Rice protein is definitely an acquired taste and texture. I've been using it for a while and it doesn't bother me anymore. Maybe you will get used to it!

This is my life now :cry:
  • becbo22
    Options

This is my life now :cry:

Aw lol. It will be okay! ;)