Sero-Vital

Have any of your tried Sero-Vital for weight loss? It's an amino acid tablet that signals your pituitary gland to release HGH (human grown hormone). The ad says is helps build muscle, lose fat, and helps skin look younger. My sister used liquid amino acid compound from Walmart and she lost a lot quickly but they don't sell it anymore. The pharmacist told her it would not hurt her. I was thinking of taking some Sero-Vital and maybe that would help me get back on the losing side of weight loss again since I seem to be stalled. Your advice/opinions are welcomed.

Replies

• elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Nope-just another scam product out there that prays on people's desperation to lose weight.

Weight loss comes down to a calorie deficit.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/healthy-aging/in-depth/growth-hormone/art-20045735?pg=1
    There is no clinical proof these things work and its a waste of money.if you are stalled with weight loss,it could be water retention(due to many issues). if your weight hasnt moved in say 6 weeks or so you may be in a plateau(which is normal). do you weigh everything on a food scale? sometimes that can cause a stall, due to eating more than you think resulting in maintenance, also change up your exercise and see if that makes any difference.look up the side effects for this product they are not something you would want to have to deal with. you have to look at whether everything is on point, Its hard to tell what is causing this ,if you add you height,age,weigh and caloric intake maybe others can help you figure out why you arent losing.
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    3. No Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders

a) Posts intended to promote potentially unsafe or controversial weight loss products or procedures, including non-medically prescribed supplements or MLM products will be removed without warning.
    b) Profiles, groups, messages, posts, or wall comments that encourage anorexia, bulimia, or very low calorie diets of any kind will be removed, and may be grounds for account deletion. This includes positive references to ana/mia, purging, or self-starving. Our goal is to provide users with the tools to achieve their weight management goals at a steady, sustainable rate. Use of the site to promote, glamorize, or achieve dangerously low levels of eating is not permitted.
    c) Photos intended to glamorize extreme thinness will be deleted.
    d) Those seeking support in their recovery from eating disorders are welcome at MyFitnessPal. A growing list of support resources can be found in our Eating Disorder Resources page.