Weighing

Options
I'm afraid to weigh myself, but I'll never know my ## progress if I don't

Replies

• Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Don't be afraid of the scale. It's just another tool in your weight loss tool box. Use it, but don't obsess about variations both up or down. I weigh daily just because it's part of my routine.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    Why are you afraid to weigh yourself? It isn't the only way to measure progress. Are your clothes looser? Did you take before pictures or measurements? You don't have to weight often. Some people only weight once a month.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Rocknut53 wrote: »
    Don't be afraid of the scale. It's just another tool in your weight loss tool box. Use it, but don't obsess about variations both up or down. I weigh daily just because it's part of my routine.

^^This!
  • ckam78
    ckam78 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I am same. I have been working hard at weight loss for over a month now and still haven't weighed in. I feel it in clothes but want to see a big # on scale or worry I will feel discouraged. I am working up courage for next week as I know important tool in managing eating in long run.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I remember being afraid too. Even at the doctor's office, I would ask the nurse not to tell me my weight and I would look away from the scale. Finally getting myself to weigh-in officially was painful, but once I did it I was even MORE motivated to lose weight. And I felt relieved.