How to stop eating easter chocolate?

Options
Anyone have any creative ideas on how to stop eating easter chocolate? My kids have to tons and tons of it and I don't want them eating it all, so I keep eating it. Plus it is right in front of me all day while I am at home. Any suggestions of what worked for other people?

Replies

• lisakhouck
    lisakhouck Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Give it to neighbors or coworkers?
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    You could throw it into your freezer and dole it out over the month.
  • Char231023
    Char231023 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Throw it all out! JK

It's your kids candy, you are not suppose to be eating it.
  • tishie1
    tishie1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks!! I like the freezer idea! :) I did that for Halloween candy now that I think about it...
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I bagged up some of my boys chocolate into single serving sizes and placed them on the top pantry shelf (my boys are still to young to get up there and I have to stand on my tip toes to reach). This way my boys have some chocolate instead of way to much and I have some single servings set aside for those days were I'm craving it.
  • tishie1
    tishie1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Char231023 wrote: »
    Throw it all out! JK

They have so much that it would be ridiculous for them to eat it all, so that's why I eat it :) We went to a community egg hunt and got way too much lol.
  • smirk15
    smirk15 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My best trick for post holiday treats is to either stick it in the freezer or just get rid of it. The freezer works if I am in one of
    Those places where my willpower is good (I find it ebbs and flows). But if I keep digging into my stash when I really don't want to I will donate it, bring it to work, or just toss it. If you are really just trying to wean it away from your kids then every time you would take a piece to eat just throw it away instead or put it in a container to give away.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I've been known to throw candy and cakes in the garbage. The freezer works too. Out of sight....
  • valente347
    valente347 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Just get it out of the house. That's what coworkers are for, right?
  • BobbieLee1959
    BobbieLee1959 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I have found that leaving the wrapper in place is a good deterrent....I am not much of a paper eater...if it is already unwrapped, try covering it in mustard or ketchup to discourage stuffing it into your pie hole...LOL...seriously...sometimes life calls for some good old fashioned ruination to increase one's willpower...YOU CAN DO THIS!
  • Char231023
    Char231023 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    tishie1 wrote: »
    Char231023 wrote: »
    Throw it all out! JK

They have so much that it would be ridiculous for them to eat it all, so that's why I eat it :) We went to a community egg hunt and got way too much lol.

Throw it out then. It's not like you spent money on it.
  • BobbieLee1959
    BobbieLee1959 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    BY THE WAY....my profile picture today is a very large chocolate Easter Egg that mysteriously appeared in our office today...no one knows from whence it came, but you can see the full size bowl in front is filled with slabs of chocolate broken from this monster...People were munching chocolate all day and other than taking the picture, I avoided it altogether with no issue. Now if it had been covered in peanuts or peanut butter, or maple cream or something yummy like that, I would have had a much more difficult time. I love chocolate, but with lots of additives, just plain is not much of a turn on for this old girl! Just FYI, that egg had to weigh at least 30 lbs and was 1.5 inches thick, 18 inches tall and 10 inches across with a solid chocolate base! someone wanted the office crew to be stoned on sugar, I believe!
  • DearestWinter
    DearestWinter Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Bin all candy that isn't a favorite - every kid has favorite candies so this should be straight forward. (Chocolate is not a category! More specific than that.) Then your kids can eat it slowly over time. You can put it in the cupboard out from their reach if you want to control what they're eating. And if they've selected their top 2 favorite candies and that's all you're saving for each of them then wouldn't you feel a bit guilty about eating it?

Don't feel bad about throwing candy. Don't feel bad about throwing out anything that isn't positively contributing to your life or that of your family.
  • kalm3
    kalm3 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I told my kids to hide it. Now I have no idea where they are and honestly am not craving them. Now the trouble is knowing they are probably eating it non stop themselves lol
  • cate320
    cate320 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Buy yourself some 90% chocolate to eat (in small amounts) whenever the craving gets too bad. And I second the freezer idea, that's what I did with all of the candy my boyfriend's mom sent us for Easter.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Throw it away.
  • jenmovies
    jenmovies Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Put most of it into a nice basket, wrap with cellophane and give to your local old folks home? Or the local VA?
  • DoneWorking
    DoneWorking Posts: 247 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    The very bottom of the freezer. Since I'm old, I forget it's there until I clean it out again. :) Then I take a couple of pieces and back down to the bottom it goes!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Food environment. Why is it right in front of you all day? Put it up in the cupboard and put a bowl of fruit in front of you instead.
  • cupcakesplz
    cupcakesplz Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    My kids only got one egg. I told people we aren't doing chocolate egg, but we donate to a charity.
    Other wise I melt the chocolate for baking. I made rocky road brownies, cut it up and freezes it for school lunches.