Need creative ideas on how to cut back on sugar...

Options
2»

Replies

• richln
    richln Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    creative ideas you say...
    • Ask for your donuts to be dusted with cocaine
    • Frost your cupcakes with lard
    • Swap bananas for Sweet Potatoes
    • Swap Sweet potatoes for un-sweet potatoes (or even belter aspartame sweetened savoury potatoes)
    • Replace your sweet-n-low with non-sweet-n-even-lower
    • Whenever you hear "Sweet Child o’ Mine" on the radio tune to another station (also works with "Brown Sugar")
    • Replace candy apples with normal apples. Replace apples with Onions - much lower carb content.
    • Instead of candyfloss eat dental floss.
    • You can reduce the sugar content of hot chocolate fudge cake by removing the chocolate, or fudge, or cake. I remove all three and prefer it cold rather than hot.
    • Instead of carrot cake, just eat the carrots (to avoid the sugars in carrots substitute them for celery).
    • Maple syrup is nearly all sugar so avoid being Canadian or ever trying maple syrup because you WILL like it and want more of it.
    • Avoid having children because of all the sugar filled crap that you end up with in the house.
    • Form a new religion which ignores birthdays, Christmas, Easter, and Halloween, or join one of the ones that already take this stance.
    • Tell your co-workers that you are sucrose intolerant and that if they try to give you sugary snacks you will suffer from immediate and violent diarrhea.

I don't know about your coworkers, but if I tried this, it would result in my coffee and bagged lunch getting spiked with sugar as soon as it was out of eyesight.
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    @richln Yeah, didn't think that one through. I think my lot would respond in the same way hahaha.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    tishie1 wrote: »
    What has worked for other people when it comes to eating less sugar?
    • Eat less food
    • Limit fruit
    • Sparkling water instead of soda, diet soda when I am out
    • Coffee with a splash of 1/2 & 1/2 instead of a fancy flavored creamer
    • Dry wine instead of beer or a mixed drink
    • Only buy sweet treats like a candy bar or cookie in a single serving, and only when I really want one
    • Chew sugar free gum, if you chew gum
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    tishie1 wrote: »
    What has worked for other people when it comes to eating less sugar?
    • Eat less food
    • Limit fruit
    • Sparkling water instead of soda, diet soda when I am out
    • Coffee with a splash of 1/2 & 1/2 instead of a fancy flavored creamer
    • Dry wine instead of beer or a mixed drink
    • Only buy sweet treats like a candy bar or cookie in a single serving, and only when I really want one
    • Chew sugar free gum, if you chew gum

Somehow I misread this and combined those two. I couldn't figure out why you'd put creamer or half and half in soda. It's like the Big Lebowski version of a coke float...

But, I agree with these suggestions. Also read bread labels, some breads add a fair amount of sugar.
  • DYELB
    DYELB Posts: 7,407 Member
    Options
    Looking at the nutrition label
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Pre-log a moderate sweet treat and exercise some self-discipline. You can allow the sugar to have the power over you with a half-kittened excuse like "oh, it's soooo addictive..."

half_baked.jpg

Or you can realize that you have complete control over what gets shoved in your facehole.