Ladies: Pain after going off birth control? Anyone?

Options
LATeagno
LATeagno Posts: 620 Member
I recently stopped taking birth control pills. I wanted to be more "natural" and my husband agreed. I took my last pill about three weeks ago, so if my cycle went completely back to normal, I should be ovulating right around now.

My main concern here is that I have the most bizarre, awful feeling in my lower abdomen. I feel extremely bloated and have an almost constant aching that reminds me slightly of period cramps, accompanied by these sharp shooting pains in what I perceive to be my ovaries. It's been going on for a few days now. I feel absolutely awful.

Anyone else have anything similar after coming off birth control? I've been on it for six years. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    After being on it for 10 years, I did not experience a simalar thing. I didn't really notice any difference at all. I would recomend calling your doctor.
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    I always have pain when I ovulate. *shrug* MY doctor says some women have ovulation pain, but that's MY doctor and MY experience. You may want to go and ask yours! :flowerforyou:
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    This happened to me! I went to the doctors and they thought maybe I had ovarian cysts, which I did not. I got it again next month and after putting all the puzzle pieces together I realized it was ovulation pain!!
  • Megs081211
    Megs081211 Posts: 150
    Options
    This happens to me every month and I'm on birth control. It's just much worse when I stop it.
  • Aviendha_RJ
    Aviendha_RJ Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Sounds like me... when I have an endometriosis flare-up. I'd see an OBGYN. My new BCP is the only thing that's kept me from curling up on the floor in the bathroom in a fetal position begging my BF to knock me out.

I had been wrongly diagnosed by my family doctor with Ovarian Cysts... but that wasn't the case at ALL.

For me, the pain is the worst at ovulation... then it starts feeling cramp-like about 2-3 days before my cycle. It feels like I've been kicked in the gut. Then my cycle starts & it turns off like a switch.
  • LATeagno
    Options
    I will bring it up to my doctor when I go in next week. It seems like it could me mittelschmerz. My ovaries have been shut down due to being on the pill for a long time, so maybe this first cycle is going nutty. :)

I'll bring it up. Hopefully it's nothing awful.
  • LATeagno
    Options
    Sounds like me... when I have an endometriosis flare-up. I'd see an OBGYN. My new BCP is the only thing that's kept me from curling up on the floor in the bathroom in a fetal position begging my BF to knock me out.

I had been wrongly diagnosed by my family doctor with Ovarian Cysts... but that wasn't the case at ALL.

For me, the pain is the worst at ovulation... then it starts feeling cramp-like about 2-3 days before my cycle. It feels like I've been kicked in the gut. Then my cycle starts & it turns off like a switch.

I really think I may have endometriosis. It runs in my family and my mom had a complete hysterectomy at 40 because of it. I have these stabbing pains that radiate backward-- kind of into my butt area--too. It is actually painful to sit. It's a sort of tear, ripping pain. Blah.

I went off the pill because it was absolutely killing my sex drive. I might need to go back on it. This is no fun at all. It also sounds like endometriosis flares up around ovulation time, which makes sense, because that's about where I am right now.
  • jordanbraidwood
    Options
    I know this post is a couple months old, but did the pain stop? I am having the same pains due to stopping bc and worried its something serious
  • ravegee
    ravegee Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I was on them for six years. After being off birth control pills for a couple of months I can honestly say getting off of them wasn't a good decision. My periods are irregular. I am a moody b*tch. My acne has came back on my face. The cramps hurt like freaking hell too. Last night I felt one of the worst pains ever. The pain for me is terrible too even when I'm not even on my period.