3 weeks no weightloss

Options
2»

Replies

• blewbell
    blewbell Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You look great!

@pariskathryn - The same thing happened to me last month. The night before I ate a piece of cheesecake at my daughter's bday, horse races the next day where I ate a huge sandwich and drank a margarita - and voila by Sunday was down 1.5 lbs. Don't understand and know I can't go back to those ways regularly but it does make me wonder if there's something to those 'cheat day' diets!
  • pariskathryn
    pariskathryn Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    salittle1 wrote: »
    You look great!

@pariskathryn - The same thing happened to me last month. The night before I ate a piece of cheesecake at my daughter's bday, horse races the next day where I ate a huge sandwich and drank a margarita - and voila by Sunday was down 1.5 lbs. Don't understand and know I can't go back to those ways regularly but it does make me wonder if there's something to those 'cheat day' diets!

Yes! Very strange, and unintuitive, but I'll take it!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    You look great!

You look great!

Yes! Very strange, and unintuitive, but I'll take it!

Have a read of this regarding refeeds, some call them cheat days.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/refeeds-for-fat-loss-the-science-behind-leptin.html
  • vegasleo79
    vegasleo79 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    To the people randomly losing after a cheat day, that's the "woosh" effect. http://leanmuscleproject.com/how-whooshes-impact-your-weight-loss/
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    @size102b Probably plateaued cause you lost so much weight real quick. What's your diet like? What are your macros? What foods are you eating? Home cooked, fast food, pre packaged, etc... Do you weigh your food out? A lot of it comes down to accuracy. You mentioned you walk everyday, do you lift weights or do any alternative forms of cardio? How often you cheat and eat junk food?
    If EVERYTHING is on point, then the only thing you would have to do is simply lower your calories a bit, not drastically.
    Good job on your weight loss so far!

I know how to lose weight I lost 71lbs in 2012 gained some back never got to goal
    I eat fresh foods on the whole all weighed and measured I drunk mainly water & green tea no alcohol no sugar drinks
    I don't delve to much into macros like 30% carbs etc I am around 40% carbs 30% protein 30% fat but I'm not getting anal on these as I have yoyoed weight being anal then can't stick at it.
    I don't think I should lower my calories I'm 213lbs and only on 1300 most days , I never eat junk food , I don't cheat the other day I ate 1600 calories that's the highest in over 9 weeks.
    I was seriously ill last year 11 blood transfusions in 3 months last 3 in October , I had 5 months bed rest as hemoraghing lost my baby girl at 5 months pregnant to sepsis which kills 40% of people who contract it.
    I know people cheat don't weigh measure but I do done this too many years to know I'm only cheating myself no point.
    Exercise doctors told me only walking for several months I was very very anemic I am getting s treadmill tomorrow re weights that has to wait as hemoraghing is just under control
    I've lost weight many times with and with out exercise weightloss is 80% diet 20% exercise

Thankyou :)