Why do people need help.

Options
I honestly just typed up a very lengthy and well thought up discussion but... as per usual it didn't save or post. This is an effort to get more friends I'll admit but as I scroll through the discussion boards I see a title asking why others need help.. and to him I say. Are you f*ing kidding dude? I go on here DAILY looking for tips/trucks.. hoping to see a success story or awesome stride that someone has made. There are good and bad days for everyone but the most comforting thing about this site for me is that your aren't alone in your bad days and that each day is a new start to do better than the day before. I have these strangers that share the same goals and frustrations that I tend to have and it's great to feel like part of a community here to advise and motivate one another. Some of my friends do great and hit their marks consistently from calorie goals to loses on the scale to someone that hasn't missed a day of logging in 2 years. It's crazy and it's wonderful and I truly appreciate the support I receive from others!

Replies

• CatherineElizabeth13
    CatherineElizabeth13 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I think I know the post you're talking about.
    I agree with you 100%. I'm always here, looking for a small victory story or a big one!
  • drwilseyjr
    drwilseyjr Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Everyone needs motivation at some point no matter what level of fitness you're at. People like the one you mentioned are those who forget they started somewhere knowing nothing.

And it's great for humans to share stories of success. They motivate you and get you going...they make you feel good for that person and yourself.

I hit the gym five days a week and work out at home on Sundays. I train hard, am extremely disciplined with my diet, and get frustrated if I miss a day or I can't reach a new PR in lifting when I try.

In the flip side, my girlfriend has mobility issues with her leg and gets extremely frustrated with exercising at times. We have helped one another a lot.

And I also notice that I have gotten other people to think about health, too. Especially at work. I hear some of my coworkers talking. About their health and weight and I say, "Try this." Just a baby step. Something easy for them to start with...and then they're on a roll.

Some people just need that initial push. A bit of support and motivation. But once they get going, they're in. Some people need continuous motivation.

Either way, be supportive and motivational to your friends and peers. No matter what the issue is whether it's health or life in general.

Just keep pushing, keep moving, keep hammering, and stay motivated.
  • jmj24302
    jmj24302 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Amen!!
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I'm here every day for years and still need help from others. I need to see mfp every day to keep my health and fitness in the front of my mind every day.