Busy Moms work out when???

Options
2»

Replies

• perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    How old are your children? Is it possible to include them somehow? Just doing yoga on the living room floor or walking around the block together would be something.

I have 3 children at home still, work from home and home school one of my kids. I still manage to walk on the treadmill (in my garage) for 20-40 minutes every other day and sometimes every day, depending on how I feel.
  • HStheBusyBee
    HStheBusyBee Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    My son's bedtime is 8pm and I work out immediately after putting him to bed.
  • Angela937
    Angela937 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    10 minute increments throughout the day work well for me.
  • Angela937
    Options
    I have 4 young kids and I work in the evenings. I work out during the baby's nap time in the basement while the middle ones watch tv! It basically cuts into the time I should be cleaning but I made the decision that exercise is more important than a clean house. ;)

Let the older kids do some of the chores for you. It teaches responsibility, and is a good life tool to have. Kids as young as 4 can start helping pick up trash, put clothes in hamper, bring dishes to the kitchen, put toys in bin or on shelves. My mom used to have us do regular "10 minute pick up" throughout the day.
  • another_chelle
    another_chelle Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I use Jillian videos and usually work out in the evening after kids go to bed; around 8:30 or 9. I also sign up for tennis classes through our city. Husband goes to tennis on Mondays and I go on Thursday. Hard to fit the time in and I'm usually exhausted by 8:30 or 9, but it's the only time that works for me.
  • Angela937
    Options
    aduck2016 wrote: »
    Thanks so much! Not feeling guilty about making myself a priority might help haha...I'll miss you Netflix...

If you have a treadmill, stationary bike, elliptical, etc you can use that while watching Netflix for a half hour or however long you want to go!
  • AnhEatsBread
    AnhEatsBread Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    So inspirational!! I don't have kids, so my excuses are lame. But I find that 30 min a day is very doable. Did you guys exercised regularly when you were pregnant? We are hoping to start trying for a baby soon
  • Angela937
    Options
    So inspirational!! I don't have kids, so my excuses are lame. But I find that 30 min a day is very doable. Did you guys exercised regularly when you were pregnant? We are hoping to start trying for a baby soon

Yes, its extremely good to continue exercising and staying fit during pregnancy. But don't make weight loss a goal once pregnant, because you will need the extra calories.

Make sure that all exercise done is safe, and nothing that can make you fall. No biking unless on a stationary, no rock climbing, etc.